Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What now?/

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What now?/

I have a CapOne card ($750), FingerHut CL ($1250), just approved for DiscoverIt card (1200), what else should I be doing to boost credit?? Work these cards, apply for loan, sit on my buns, twittle my thumbs and wait??

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

Re: What now?/

Time will be your friend here. Use them and pay them every month, preferably with less than 10% of the total credit line in use by the time each statement closes. The Capital One and Discover cards will grow quickly if you use them a lot and pay them in full right away. My first Cap One Card went from a limit of $500 to $4000 in a year and a half of heavy use and paying far more than the minimum due each month.

Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Apart from time, maybe a ssl to help your credit mix, search Alliant SSL and itll show you what to doSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
peghede
Valued Contributor

Alliant is great in checking and savings only.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede wrote:

Alliant is great in checking and savings only.

CD rates are good as well but that's about it.
Message 5 of 8
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Alliant's Share Secured Loan is a great option if one has no installment loans and doesn't have the financial need to take one on. Read the first three posts of this topic in the scoring forum:

Adding an installment loan -- the Share Secure technique

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They upped their rewards game to 2% rewards card. That's great for a general spending card. Also it's a Visa, so it can be used at Costco for 2% cashback.

Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks HeavenOhio, thats what i had in mindSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.