cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What one would you rather have? Home Depot or Lowes?

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: What one would you rather have? Home Depot or Lowes?

I have both, Lowes $17k, HD $15k - the local stores are across the street from each others. If I could only have 1 it would be Lowes, but I don't have to limit myself to only one.

Message 21 of 26
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Lowe's.

SisterGirl
Message 22 of 26
CreditJim
Established Contributor

When I bought my house a couple of years ago I went for the Lowe's. I think they started me around $1k and I immediately recon'd to $3500 to buy a fridge on 18m 0%. Then requested $20k when I paid it off and got $17k. Recently requested $25k and got it. It's one store card I don't mind having, because with a limit like that I could have a bathroom remodeled and take the long term 84m 5.99% financing without any hassle of getting a loan. And I disagree with those saying lots of banks offer 0% to start - they do, but the Lowe's card has regular 18m 0% promos. I've used one a couple of times, even if I end up paying it off far earlier. It's a very useful account for a homeowner.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both stores are the same distance from me. I like shopping Lowes a lot better! Cleaner and friendlier. 

Card is great for 5% off and great financing for big projects.

Message 24 of 26
petejk

Lowes - I prefer shopping there

Message 25 of 26
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Lowes. Easier to get approved and the credit lines are generous.

Home Depot- 2 miles from home

Lowes- 3.5 miles from home

Easy decision LOWES!!!

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.