Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What order to app for these cards

tag
red259
Super Contributor

What order to app for these cards

With the release of the 30k offer for the amex spg I am now trying to make some decisions for a potential app cycle. I want to pick up the citi premier and amex spg business card. I am also eyeing the chase marriott card, but I'm hoping for the RC offer to come back at some point and the other two cards are much more critical to me. Between the amex business spg and citi premier which is the best one to go for first? The amex offer will be around until mid Sept. No idea how much longer premier card offer will be around. My amex personal spg card AF is due this month so if I wait till sept I will have to pay the AF. My understanding is that this is not a huge deal beacause the AF is pro-rated and I might have till sept to get a full refund as well. I have four new accounts in Jan and picked up a prestige card two months ago. 

If I don't see any prequal offers on the citi website does that mean its not a likely approval? It could be because I am at the cap of credit extended by citi but I am reducing my limit on an AA card to free some up.

Is there a way to check for prequal on amex business cards?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What order to app for these cards

@red259 wrote:

With the release of the 30k offer for the amex spg I am now trying to make some decisions for a potential app cycle. I want to pick up the citi premier and amex spg business card. I am also eyeing the chase marriott card, but I'm hoping for the RC offer to come back at some point and the other two cards are much more critical to me. Between the amex business spg and citi premier which is the best one to go for first? The amex offer will be around until mid Sept. No idea how much longer premier card offer will be around. My amex personal spg card AF is due this month so if I wait till sept I will have to pay the AF. My understanding is that this is not a huge deal beacause the AF is pro-rated and I might have till sept to get a full refund as well. I have four new accounts in Jan and picked up a prestige card two months ago. 

If I don't see any prequal offers on the citi website does that mean its not a likely approval? It could be because I am at the cap of credit extended by citi but I am reducing my limit on an AA card to free some up.

I'd go for the Citi Premier first.  The fact that there is no preapproval is meaningless.  I never have seen any preapprovals from Citi and I've had no problem getting approved for 3 of their cards.

There is no way to check for Amex business preapprovals.  You shouldn't have any problems getting approved.

Message 2 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I'd go for the Citi Premier first.  The fact that there is no preapproval is meaningless.  I never have seen any preapprovals from Citi and I've had no problem getting approved for 3 of their cards.

There is no way to check for Amex business preapprovals.  You shouldn't have any problems getting approved.

K. Kinda the same thoughts I had, but I always feel like a lender is just waiting to deny me or do something terrible. Apparently I have low credit self esteem. Smiley Happy

;
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

K. Kinda the same thoughts I had, but I always feel like a lender is just waiting to deny me or do something terrible. Apparently I have low credit self esteem. Smiley Happy

Hah, we all go thru periods where we think that they'll do something horrible :-)

Message 4 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Hah, we all go thru periods where we think that they'll do something horrible :-)

I just reduced my 8500 citi AA line to 2k. Hopefully freeing up that 6500 will be enough to get me the premier card. And after the reduction I will likely cancel the AA plat. 

;
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I just reduced my 8500 citi AA line to 2k. Hopefully freeing up that 6500 will be enough to get me the premier card. And after the reduction I will likely cancel the AA plat. 

That's a good move.  I might have to do same thing soon.  I want to get the premier and I certainly don't need 3 AA cards counting my Barclays

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi if you are all buttoned up on that end.
Message 7 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Citi if you are all buttoned up on that end.

Yea I am going to do citi first and then go for the spg business card next month.

;
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.