Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What order?

tag
KA14
Regular Contributor

Re: What order?

I don't really care for the points system. I prefer cash rewards. I think I'll stick with the BCE and maybe add the green card as well since I'm already going to get the HP.
Message 11 of 22
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@KA14 wrote:
I don't really care for the points system. I prefer cash rewards. I think I'll stick with the BCE and maybe add the green card as well since I'm already going to get the HP.

If I were going to add an amex charge I would take prg or platinum

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 22
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@KA14 wrote:
Does the Everyday have the same approval criteria as the BCE? I am looking for a no annual fee Amex to get my foot in the door with them.

I would say its very simlar. However, The everyday is much different than the BCE rewards wise. It really depends on what you want. A lot of people like to get a charge card with them first to get the foot in the door you can acutally do a 2 for 1 app if they are both done on the same day. I would personally go with the BCE (cash back card), reason being that you want to apply for the freedom. With the freedom you could then get the CSP and get the best bang for your buck with points. 

True, but MR and UR each have different transfer partners, so it doesn't hurt to accumlate rewards with both either.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 13 of 22
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

The general opinion around here is that BCE is kinda worthless; however, I have a BCE and I keep getting offers on the card through AMEX. Some of the better offers were $10 off purchase $10 or more at small businesses during last black friday, $5 off $5 or more on iTunes, $20 off $20 or more on Amazon.

These deals (not %-based) make my purchases essentially 80-90% (sometimes even more) cheaper. 

Do all AMEX cards get the same / similar / better deal? If yes, then true, BCE has nothing else to offer. 

Are these deals there on the Everyday cards as well?

Message 14 of 22
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

The general opinion around here is that BCE is kinda worthless; however, I have a BCE and I keep getting offers on the card through AMEX. Some of the better offers were $10 off purchase $10 or more at small businesses during last black friday, $5 off $5 or more on iTunes, $20 off $20 or more on Amazon.

These deals (not %-based) make my purchases essentially 80-90% (sometimes even more) cheaper. 

Do all AMEX cards get the same / similar / better deal? If yes, then true, BCE has nothing else to offer. 

Yes I get the same offers online in my EveryDay account.

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 15 of 22
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

A bit off topic but when are they going to allow PC to everyday cards ever? 😧

Message 16 of 22
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

The approvals forum is filled with many EveryDay approvals.  Amex kind of has a new hit with these cards.  Why not just apply for it?  It will get backdated anyway.

Message 17 of 22
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

The approvals forum is filled with many EveryDay approvals.  Amex kind of has a new hit with these cards.  Why not just apply for it?  It will get backdated anyway.

I probably could get approved but don't wanna take an HP have way too many for my liking 

Message 18 of 22
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

Do you still get cash-back offers or are the discounts / rewards in terms of MR points?

Message 19 of 22
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

Do you still get cash-back offers or are the discounts / rewards in terms of MR points?

The one that I have seen are cash-back type offers.  I haven't actually used any of these yet, but most of them seem to work by Amex issuing statement credits for purchases above a certain amount at a particular retailer or restaurant.  A few of them are coupon codes to use for online shopping.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.