Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

What perks do NFCU signature card offer?

Trying to learn what difference is there between a nfcu signature card and the regular cash rewards cards.Any opinions?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,927
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: What perks do NFCU signature card offer?


MountainHiker wrote:

Trying to learn what difference is there between a nfcu signature card and the regular cash rewards cards.Any opinions?


check out all the perks of the Visa Concierge.

 

The booklet that comes with your card explains all the perks/benefits of having the Siggy.

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,806
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: What perks do NFCU signature card offer?

I see no point to Signature Cards except the bank makes more usually on merchant accounts but as far as special perks... I don't see the point... and especially with Navy, they do not alow any charging over Credit Line like some Signature cards allow... I think a lot of us go "upgraded" to signature line a bit ago on the cash card, never really heard why.

Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: What perks do NFCU signature card offer?


Creditaddict wrote:

I see no point to Signature Cards except the bank makes more usually on merchant accounts but as far as special perks... I don't see the point... and especially with Navy, they do not alow any charging over Credit Line like some Signature cards allow... I think a lot of us go "upgraded" to signature line a bit ago on the cash card, never really heard why.


I read the perks on the nfcu signature cards and there are quite a few but much of those ungrades seem to be very similar to the perks for the cash rewards cards.And you have to spend a serious amount of money to gain those few advantages not on the rewards card.Now I could be wrong but that is what I gathered from reading the nfcu site. Seem to me that the basic non-signature rewards card is very good without being a signature card.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Established Member
Posts: 44
Registered: ‎12-13-2012
0

Re: What perks do NFCU signature card offer?

I may be mistaken but don't they also allow you to exceed you're credit limit for a short amount of time if the need comes; For example an emergency or something.

Discover IT, BofA Cash Rewards, Citi Forward, AMEX Green, CapitalOne Cash Rewards, Chase Freedom, Wal-Mart Store
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,673
Registered: ‎11-11-2012
0

Re: What perks do NFCU signature card offer?


MountainHiker wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

I see no point to Signature Cards except the bank makes more usually on merchant accounts but as far as special perks... I don't see the point... and especially with Navy, they do not alow any charging over Credit Line like some Signature cards allow... I think a lot of us go "upgraded" to signature line a bit ago on the cash card, never really heard why.


I read the perks on the nfcu signature cards and there are quite a few but much of those ungrades seem to be very similar to the perks for the cash rewards cards.And you have to spend a serious amount of money to gain those few advantages not on the rewards card.Now I could be wrong but that is what I gathered from reading the nfcu site. Seem to me that the basic non-signature rewards card is very good without being a signature card.


Some people sing the praises of the conceirge service that comes with all Signature cards.  I find it hard to believe that with all the signature cards out there it can be THAT useful, but since I haven't used it, my opinion isn't valuable, and at least some that have (on this forum) use it several times a month.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.