cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What perks do NFCU signature card offer?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

What perks do NFCU signature card offer?

Trying to learn what difference is there between a nfcu signature card and the regular cash rewards cards.Any opinions?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: What perks do NFCU signature card offer?

@MountainHiker wrote:

Trying to learn what difference is there between a nfcu signature card and the regular cash rewards cards.Any opinions?

check out all the perks of the Visa Concierge.

The booklet that comes with your card explains all the perks/benefits of having the Siggy.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I see no point to Signature Cards except the bank makes more usually on merchant accounts but as far as special perks... I don't see the point... and especially with Navy, they do not alow any charging over Credit Line like some Signature cards allow... I think a lot of us go "upgraded" to signature line a bit ago on the cash card, never really heard why.

Message 3 of 6
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I see no point to Signature Cards except the bank makes more usually on merchant accounts but as far as special perks... I don't see the point... and especially with Navy, they do not alow any charging over Credit Line like some Signature cards allow... I think a lot of us go "upgraded" to signature line a bit ago on the cash card, never really heard why.

I read the perks on the nfcu signature cards and there are quite a few but much of those ungrades seem to be very similar to the perks for the cash rewards cards.And you have to spend a serious amount of money to gain those few advantages not on the rewards card.Now I could be wrong but that is what I gathered from reading the nfcu site. Seem to me that the basic non-signature rewards card is very good without being a signature card.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 4 of 6
snowsurf7
Established Member

I may be mistaken but don't they also allow you to exceed you're credit limit for a short amount of time if the need comes; For example an emergency or something.

Discover IT, BofA Cash Rewards, Citi Forward, AMEX Green, CapitalOne Cash Rewards, Chase Freedom, Wal-Mart Store
Message 5 of 6
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I read the perks on the nfcu signature cards and there are quite a few but much of those ungrades seem to be very similar to the perks for the cash rewards cards.And you have to spend a serious amount of money to gain those few advantages not on the rewards card.Now I could be wrong but that is what I gathered from reading the nfcu site. Seem to me that the basic non-signature rewards card is very good without being a signature card.

Some people sing the praises of the conceirge service that comes with all Signature cards.  I find it hard to believe that with all the signature cards out there it can be THAT useful, but since I haven't used it, my opinion isn't valuable, and at least some that have (on this forum) use it several times a month.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.