Established Contributor
MountainHiker

What perks do NFCU signature card offer?

Trying to learn what difference is there between a nfcu signature card and the regular cash rewards cards.Any opinions?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Valued Contributor
j_casteel

Re: What perks do NFCU signature card offer?

MountainHiker wrote:

Trying to learn what difference is there between a nfcu signature card and the regular cash rewards cards.Any opinions?

check out all the perks of the Visa Concierge.

The booklet that comes with your card explains all the perks/benefits of having the Siggy.

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $19.5k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:709 TU:703
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

I see no point to Signature Cards except the bank makes more usually on merchant accounts but as far as special perks... I don't see the point... and especially with Navy, they do not alow any charging over Credit Line like some Signature cards allow... I think a lot of us go "upgraded" to signature line a bit ago on the cash card, never really heard why.

Fico Scores: EQ 673 DCU, TU 678 Wally, EX 669 Chase(08-31-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
MountainHiker

Creditaddict wrote:

I see no point to Signature Cards except the bank makes more usually on merchant accounts but as far as special perks... I don't see the point... and especially with Navy, they do not alow any charging over Credit Line like some Signature cards allow... I think a lot of us go "upgraded" to signature line a bit ago on the cash card, never really heard why.

I read the perks on the nfcu signature cards and there are quite a few but much of those ungrades seem to be very similar to the perks for the cash rewards cards.And you have to spend a serious amount of money to gain those few advantages not on the rewards card.Now I could be wrong but that is what I gathered from reading the nfcu site. Seem to me that the basic non-signature rewards card is very good without being a signature card.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Established Member
snowsurf7

I may be mistaken but don't they also allow you to exceed you're credit limit for a short amount of time if the need comes; For example an emergency or something.

Discover IT, BofA Cash Rewards, Citi Forward, AMEX Green, CapitalOne Cash Rewards, Chase Freedom, Wal-Mart Store
Valued Contributor
bs6054

MountainHiker wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

I read the perks on the nfcu signature cards and there are quite a few but much of those ungrades seem to be very similar to the perks for the cash rewards cards.And you have to spend a serious amount of money to gain those few advantages not on the rewards card.Now I could be wrong but that is what I gathered from reading the nfcu site. Seem to me that the basic non-signature rewards card is very good without being a signature card.

Some people sing the praises of the conceirge service that comes with all Signature cards.  I find it hard to believe that with all the signature cards out there it can be THAT useful, but since I haven't used it, my opinion isn't valuable, and at least some that have (on this forum) use it several times a month.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+