@enxinas wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@enxinas wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@enxinas wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

And your needs are Miles or cash back?Smiley LOL

flexible points kind of like Chase's UR points. Smiley Wink

In that case seeing how you already have the freedom CSP would make an excellent 1-2 punch IMHO even with the AF

Yep, I'm realllllyyyy thinking about getting the CSP because I have a checking account with Chase as well.. Any other card aside from Freedom and CSP that earn the same UR points?

AFAIK strictly chase cards offer UR points 

Oh ok, so co branded cards does not have UR points, which makes sense. Yep Ink has UR points, but I was denied for it.. Oh well. I guess I'll get CSP for sure then. What else should I get for my next app spree?

What was ink denial reason? May still be an option at a later date

One em was is that "they already gave me the max credit available or something like that," the other is the business is too young; not enough business income, and I think the last one is not enough credit history or the AaoA is too young. I have to dig out the letter tomorrow morning.

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 22
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: What prime CCs I should get?

@enxinas wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@enxinas wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@enxinas wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@enxinas wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

And your needs are Miles or cash back?Smiley LOL

flexible points kind of like Chase's UR points. Smiley Wink

In that case seeing how you already have the freedom CSP would make an excellent 1-2 punch IMHO even with the AF

Yep, I'm realllllyyyy thinking about getting the CSP because I have a checking account with Chase as well.. Any other card aside from Freedom and CSP that earn the same UR points?

AFAIK strictly chase cards offer UR points 

Oh ok, so co branded cards does not have UR points, which makes sense. Yep Ink has UR points, but I was denied for it.. Oh well. I guess I'll get CSP for sure then. What else should I get for my next app spree?

What was ink denial reason? May still be an option at a later date

One em was is that "they already gave me the max credit available or something like that," the other is the business is too young; not enough business income, and I think the last one is not enough credit history or the AaoA is too young. I have to dig out the letter tomorrow morning.

was your freedom a fairly new card? If so they want to see how you use that line before issuing more credit ...AAoA is minor IMO...how old is business? 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 22
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Freedom is 9 or 10 months old and I have 35% balance on it. Will pay it off soon though. The business is still a concept (but I'm working on making it happen), hence why I got denied. The only reason I applied for it is because of the wireless/cellphone, cable, and internet cash back bonus, but I really think they have a right to deny me for the biz card because I don't have a business yet (I sold stuff on craigslist/ebay/garage sale before though.. lol). That said, I think biz cards are out for now.

Message 13 of 22
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enxinas wrote:

Freedom is 9 or 10 months old and I have 35% balance on it. Will pay it off soon though. The business is still a concept (but I'm working on making it happen), hence why I got denied. The only reason I applied for it is because of the wireless/cellphone, cable, and internet cash back bonus, but I really think they have a right to deny me for the biz card because I don't have a business yet (I sold stuff on craigslist/ebay/garage sale before though.. lol). That said, I think biz cards are out for now.

Chase likes business that are set up properly and they do check. That being said tho I have read many post in my research were they extended credit to new business.

CSP seems your best option at this point so set your sights on it and since your gardening you have time to prep / pay down balance for an CSP approvalSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 14 of 22
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: What prime CCs should I get?

@enxinas wrote:
  • Citi TY Preferred
  • Citi Diamond Preferred
  • US Bank Cash+
  • BofA Better Balance Rewards
  • Amex (not sure which one)
  • Chase Ink Classic (maybe.. Or other CC)
  • Cap One VentureOne
  • Or any other Visa Sig/World MC card

From this list, I think the following are options:

1.  CSP - Since you were declined for the Ink (which would have been better), this combined with your Freedom is a great combo.

2.  Amex - SPG for the bonus points, but it's only worth it if you spend at least $15 - $20k on the card.  First year fee is waived, you can evaluate the fee the following year.

3.  Citi - Besides signing bonuses, none of their cards appeal to me.  The Preferred is 2X dining, but rewards are relegated to TY points.  Unless you're willing to resort to extreme "cheese" tactics, TY points are least valued of all the rewards points currencies, unless you have a mortgage or student loan.

If your preference is for rewards points that transfer, unless purely for a signing bonus, nothing on your list would be worthwhile.

Message 15 of 22
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@enxinas wrote:

Chase likes business that are set up properly and they do check. That being said tho I have read many post in my research were they extended credit to new business.

CSP seems your best option at this point so set your sights on it and since your gardening you have time to prep / pay down balance for an CSP approvalSmiley Wink

Seconded. Chase gave me a business card one month after I started a new business. But you do need to have everything in order. I also already had a solid history with them.

Message 16 of 22
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Thanks guys! For now, I will be paying off some balances, and get my business ready before I try again for the Ink, but this time I'll go with the Cash not Classic. At the same time, I will apply for CSP. Smiley Very Happy

Forgot to mention that points does not really matter as much, but if i do get them, I'd rather have a UR like point. My real goal here is just to expand my CC porfolio. Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 22
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enxinas wrote:

Thanks guys! For now, I will be paying off some balances, and get my business ready before I try again for the Ink, but this time I'll go with the Cash not Classic. At the same time, I will apply for CSP. Smiley Very Happy

Forgot to mention that points does not really matter as much, but if i do get them, I'd rather have a UR like point. My real goal here is just to expand my CC porfolio. Smiley Wink

Good decision bravo now back to the garden for you..lol

IMO go for CSP 1st then Ink

Just my 2 cents tho...Smiley Surprised

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 18 of 22
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

I also think the BoA BBR is a card to make some easy money with. Make a purchase once a month and then immediately pay it off and you get $25 every 3 months (or $30 if you have a BoA account). Once I get mine and put it to use, I can give a better review of it, but I have enough cashback cards and I have the Chase Sapphire, I like the fact that the BBR card rewards you for paying in full or paying more than the minimum balance due. It also has 12 months free interest and doesn't charge a balance transfer fee in the first 60 days.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 19 of 22
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

@hutchj wrote:

I also think the BoA BBR is a card to make some easy money with. Make a purchase once a month and then immediately pay it off and you get $25 every 3 months (or $30 if you have a BoA account). Once I get mine and put it to use, I can give a better review of it, but I have enough cashback cards and I have the Chase Sapphire, I like the fact that the BBR card rewards you for paying in full or paying more than the minimum balance due. It also has 12 months free interest and doesn't charge a balance transfer fee in the first 60 days.

Yeah I know, that;s why I'm going to apply for it.

@myjourney: I'll follow your advice. Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.