Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What raises a red flag?

tag
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

What raises a red flag?

recently I was approved for few new cards and I am wondering if that a reason to raise a red flag? 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What raises a red flag?

Maybe, maybe not. For people with a long, thick history and low utilization it generally isn't an issue. For people with new, thin files and/or high util it can be a problem.

Message 2 of 35
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. For people with a long, thick history and low utilization it generally isn't an issue. For people with new, thin files and/or high util it can be a problem.

I am talking here about 17 new accounts in a period of 7 months util 17% and 5 years history

Message 3 of 35
elim
Senior Contributor

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am talking here about 17 new accounts in a period of 7 months util 17% 

consider the red flag raised.  just keep your bills paid and get your UTIL down and lay low for 6 months and probably be just fine. 

Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

consider the red flag raised.  just keep your bills paid and get your UTIL down and lay low for 6 months and probably be just fine. 

+1

Message 5 of 35
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

@elim wrote:

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Trying to milk the cow to the last drop

Message 6 of 35
ddemari
Super Contributor

try your best to lay low, i have a problem flying under the radar with new accounts but try to get your utilization down a little to like 12% and dont accept b/t offers that will put your card over 50 percent utilization, especially if any of the cards are bank of america, as they are pushers who then review your acount every month and become taker awayers lol. 

Message 7 of 35
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Wow 17 new accounts in 7 months, that not only raised a red flag but probably sounded some bells and whistles too. Just curious how many of those new accounts are store cards?
Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Put that cow in the garden and let it graze for a little bit. You'll get much more milk with a little patience.

Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Few=17?  Must be the new math Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.