Valued Contributor

Re: What raises a red flag?

image.jpeg

Message 11 of 35
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

try your best to lay low, i have a problem flying under the radar with new accounts but try to get your utilization down a little to like 12% and dont accept b/t offers that will put your card over 50 percent utilization, especially if any of the cards are bank of america, as they are pushers who then review your acount every month and become taker awayers lol. 

Bank of America just increased my limit from 2000 to 5900 do you think that may be a problem with them. I am not thinking of BT at all. How can you fly under the radar if they can see everything?

Message 12 of 35
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

5 cards 

Message 13 of 35
ddemari
Super Contributor

Don't run a balance higher than 30 percent on their card
Message 14 of 35
ddemari
Super Contributor

but when we are talking about that many new accounts and I have been there, my strategy is keep very low useage with certain lenders who are known to pull the plug, like barclays for example. 

Message 15 of 35
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

I want to have a big family and grow them together 

Message 16 of 35
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

but when we are talking about that many new accounts and I have been there, my strategy is keep very low useage with certain lenders who are known to pull the plug, like barclays for example. 

I don't have any of Barclays. So as long as keeping them under 10% it shouldn't be a problem? My strategy is not to run a lot of charges other than grow them together and  combine as much as I can end close whatever i don't need.  

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judging by some of the sig lines in this thread, I'd call it the pot calling the kettle black. Smiley Very Happy

Yes, 17 cards will raise a red flag.  If any of those cards are Chase, Barclay, Citi or Amex, i'd watch it and prepare for any potential (albeit unlikely) adverse action. 

Message 18 of 35
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. For people with a long, thick history and low utilization it generally isn't an issue. For people with new, thin files and/or high util it can be a problem.

I am talking here about 17 new accounts in a period of 7 months util 17% and 5 years history

LMAO..I'm right there with ya! As suggested just pay your bills and don't BT large balances. Util runs 1 to 3% for me. I have roughly $3300 reporting across several cards now. It doesn't seem to bother my creditors as of yet. I do pay some balances before they report and currently carrying a balance on BofA which is around $280 on 0% promo.

My Barclays is at 35% Util right now but will be paid before the statement ever cuts. I called them today and complained about the credit limit.I'm not going to sweat it. If they punish me for using their cards, I don't need them any way.

Message 19 of 35
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. For people with a long, thick history and low utilization it generally isn't an issue. For people with new, thin files and/or high util it can be a problem.

I am talking here about 17 new accounts in a period of 7 months util 17% and 5 years history

LMAO..I'm right there with ya! As suggested just pay your bills and don't BT large balances. Util runs 1 to 3% for me. I have roughly $3300 reporting across several cards now. It doesn't seem to bother my creditors as of yet. I do pay some balances before they report and currently carrying a balance on BofA which is around $280 on 0% promo.

My Barclays is at 35% Util right now but will be paid before the statement ever cuts. I called them today and complained about the credit limit.I'm not going to sweat it. If they punish me for using their cards, I don't need them any way.

That is what I am doing is using and paying don't even care about 0 APR If they give me a credit card I am assuming they want me to use it at some point,  but if they are not happy so what,  I agree with you I don't need them 

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.