Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What're my chances of getting approved for a discover it for students card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What're my chances of getting approved for a discover it for students card

I have a FICO score of 651. Ihave 0 inquiries, 0 missed payments and N/A for revolving untilization because I don't have a credit card. I was pre approved for a an discover it student card with a definite APR of 23.24 percent. are my chances good before I apply?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What're my chances of getting approved for a discover it for students card

If you used Discover's pre-qualified page and received a definite APR, I'd say you have a good chance.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is 651 on all bureaus? Because assuming you have a score due to student loans having no hard inquiries seems odd to me ... they don't pull for those? Just curious though ..

Discover approves students with no credit score at all so in your case if your credit is clear i'd say they will approve you on the spot

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty sure you’ll be approved especially with the soild APR
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the info you've provided, I'd say your odds are pretty good.
If you really want the card, then go for it and come back and tell us about it.
Good luck!
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi debit, im honestly unsure on if there is a hard inquiry for it or not, however, it isn't showing on my credit report and yes thats my score across the board. also everyone, how is discover with students applying for the student card and only having 6 months of credit history? i'd really like to get this as it seems to be the best fit for me.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not a student, but I was just approved for a Disco with scores of EQ 634, TU 617, EX 607.  I would give it a try!

Message 7 of 16
joltdude
Senior Contributor

1. Have you tried to signup for Discovers Credit Scorecard for a free FICO? ... Also they use this in their preapprovals...

2. Discover is more lenient on approvals for their student cards.. even so much as to use an "enhanced" score for those who have really thin files and/or do not have a FICO reporting yet... this is ONLY used for approvals for student cards... I was declined for a card awhile back but the score they sent back was great and was told I would have probably been approved if i was a student.... 

3. Think your chances of getting this card are pretty good... 

-J

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have signed up for the free Discover scorecard and have my free FICO score from them. it was from this page that i saw the preapproval tool and tried it and got pre approved for the student it card. The last time I used it they recommended the secured card, this time i was recommended for the student it card.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a mailer from Discover with a set APR. Was denied. Had my Cap1 for a year and Amazon for 6 months. If I remember correctly it was because of the age of my oldest account. My FAKO scores were around 680.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.