Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's In Your Wallet?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's In Your Wallet?

I know many myFICOers have 4 or more credit cards, many of which might be sock drawered.

But what credit cards do you actually carry on your person on a daily basis?
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's In Your Wallet?

I carry my: USAA MC, USAA Debit Card, Amex Blue Cash, Chase Freedom, and once in a while my new Citi Professional.

At home stays my BoA MC, WaMu Padi Card, US Bank Visa (it's a work card), and my other debit cards.

Message Edited by Pj1369 on 04-04-2008 10:12 AM
Message 2 of 43
dizzier
Established Contributor

i actually carry all of my cards (macy's, AMEX, BOA VISA, WAMU MC) because i don't feel comfortable leaving them around the house, but i only use the BOA.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only carry my debt, Amex Blue and Cap 1(reintroduced because they say I have to use it to get a CLI).

My stay at home cards are - Wamu, Citi Preferred, Citi Diamond, Target Visa, Juni Midwest express and BofA.
Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

What criteria do you use to decide what to carry and what to keep at home?

Are any of the cards at home 'emergency' cards with a healthy CL, or do you mostly keep your less useful cards at home?
Message 5 of 43
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Caseys/Juniper MC, (gas and stuff), CU Visa (emergencies and in case I need a back up and B&N/Juniper MC because I keep forgetting to put it away (we usually buy on line and the account is set up I don't need it)

Plus two debit cards and a company CC

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry my CitiCards credit card.

At home I have cards for Discover and Capital One that I don't use.  I also have open accounts and no cards for Wells Fargo, TrueCredit and Chase (I always cut up the new ones they send me).

I swear I have one more, but can't remember what it is. 

I tried taking the Discover card out for a while, but 3/4 of the establishments I tried to use it at didn't take it.  Sadly I was on vacation at the time with no other card on me!!! So needless to say that one always stays at home now.
Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry 1(of 2) Citi cards; 1(of 2) WaMu cards; my gas card, Discover More, BoA.

I switch out cards weekly, depending what I've put on the cards for the month, and their balances.
Message 8 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry my debit card. That's it.

My GM, Citi, and Cap1 all stay at home. That's the best way I've found to be able to pay them off.
Message 9 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont carry any of my 8 credit cards in my wallet, period. I only pull them out when I intend to use them (a good strategy for managing my credit that works). I do carry my HSBC Debit Mastercard all the time.
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.