Valued Member
boosie1979

What's Next

Thank You so much Fico Friends. When I first began my fico was 509 now it is 648. Heading for the 700 club... My question is what time of CC am I likely to get approved for?

I have a secured card 300 limit $0 balance via my credit union. Store card $300 limit $64 balance paying it off next month. A car loan through my credit union which is current never late $16k balance. I have some student loan which shows paids as agreed currently in school. 1 paid medical collection and 1 sprint paid collection.

What are my chances.. with a visa or gas card thinking about BP.

Thanks

Contributor
Mark-MD

Re: What's Next

With your scores and situation it sounds like the Hooters Mastercard would be right for you.

Here is a link to their site;

http://www.hooterscard.com/menu/home.aspx

02/14/2009 EQ 797, EX 811, TU 805
Valued Member
boosie1979

Thanks. I will apply and let you guys know the results. Fico friends are the best!!!
Valued Member
boosie1979

Sadly to say I was declined. So this may decrease my fico of 648 huh? Is there any recourse or suggestions. Wondering if I would have better luck trying @ my credit union for an unsecured?

Established Contributor
Susyquk

How long have you had your CU card in good standing/reporting?

How old are the paid off accounts? (Have you tried GW letters to get those removed?)

New Contributor
kyobakes

your student loans say that you're in school?  apply for a student card....they're easy to get!
Established Contributor
aquatic1

Does anyone know which CRA does Hooters pull?

Starting Score: TU:537
Current Score: TU:683 (3/11/10)
Goal Score: TU:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

boosie1979 wrote:

What are my chances.. with a visa or gas card thinking about BP.

Thanks

I was approved last year for a BP Store card, funny thing is was actually declined online, didnt think anything else about it, then i received the card in the mail about week later. My scores were lower than yours, i didnt have any derogatory accounts only an unpaid Med collection. They approved me with a limit of $2000! YMMV!

II say go for it! Good Luck!

Valued Member
boosie1979

Hi Guys,

Two day in a row denials. First from Hooters and Discover Student. I'm wondering how this will affect my score of 648. Should I even try with my Credit Union. I have had the secured card for a yr now.

thanks

Valued Member
boosie1979

Thanks Guys for all your help. I received a unsecured Visa via my credit union. The limit is $1500 6.50% I think. I have all that I really need for right now. Car Loan via credit union, secured and unsecured card and a department store card.

Thanks Fico Friends

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+