Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's With Walmart

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

What's With Walmart

Since I always pay in full before the statement cuts I NEVER get a bill in the mail. I am not paperless. It seems as if you have to sign up for this thing called CheckFree to see your statements online. Repeated requests for statements have gotten me nowhere. Any ideas? Besides calling CSR?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's With Walmart

Macy's does the same thing.  I only shop there once a year, in order to keep my (formerly Burdines) 22 year old account history.  I charge a purchase, then immediately pay my bill at the register.  I never receive a statement.  I once called Macy's about this, and was told if I pay my balance before the closing date, I would not receive a statement. 

I'm not fond of this practice.

Message 2 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

If you use CheckFree to pay your Macy's bill your bill is edelivered through CheckFree. Once the first payment is received they discontinue sending paper bills.
Message 3 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
Since I always pay in full before the statement cuts I NEVER get a bill in the mail. I am not paperless. It seems as if you have to sign up for this thing called CheckFree to see your statements online. Repeated requests for statements have gotten me nowhere. Any ideas? Besides calling CSR?

Wal-mart is being Wal-mart.   Its finding ways to save members money.  It keeps Wal-mart from having to pass along an expense to its members that can be avoided.   The only one who get hurt in the process is the USPS, and you know its situation.   

Message Edited by DI on 09-26-2009 07:20 AM
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always pay your walmart bill at any walmart store..Very convenient..
Message 5 of 18
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

Is there a web site on the bill that you can log into and download a pdf bill?

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 6 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I haven't gotten a bill in nearly 3 years. Cannot get anything through Walmart and there is no back door through GEMB. I do not want to lock myself into paying my Walmart bill through CheckFree. No biggie anyway.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

People !!!! please!!!!

it is not wal mart, they dont control how you get billed or when or how you pay your bill.

its GEMB ok not wal mart.

Message 8 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

People !!!! please!!!!

it is not wal mart, they dont control how you get billed or when or how you pay your bill.

its GEMB ok not wal mart.

Dunno about that. I used to have a Sleepys account through GEMB. I paid it using ACH payments. The payments were always credited next day at the latest and would come out of my TD/Commerce bank account within 24 hours. I made my Walmart CC payment Thursday morning using an ACH payment through TD and the payment still shows pending on my Walmart account the payment has not been credited and it doesn't even show pending yet on my TD checking account. As I said no biggie but since the card cuts on the 28th I don't want the balance showing as anything other than 0 when the account is reported to the CRA. I pay early in this age of computers it's not so hard to get it right.

Message 9 of 18
jackg
Established Contributor

If you read the small print during the CheckFree sign up process it says that you forfeit hard copies of your statements if you sign up for the service. I forgot which page it was on but I do recall seeing it.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.