Regular Contributor
Logical

Re: What's With Walmart

smallfry wrote:
I do not want to lock myself into paying my Walmart bill through CheckFree. No biggie anyway.

I got a Walmart account not quite 2 months ago and signed up on the CheckFree. The bills go through there, but you still pay through the Walmart site. The only thing that irritates me is every time I log on it still asks if I want to go paperless. Sam, I already signed up! [sigh]

Senior Contributor
smallfry

Logical wrote:

smallfry wrote:
I do not want to lock myself into paying my Walmart bill through CheckFree. No biggie anyway.

I got a Walmart account not quite 2 months ago and signed up on the CheckFree. The bills go through there, but you still pay through the Walmart site. The only thing that irritates me is every time I log on it still asks if I want to go paperless. Sam, I already signed up! [sigh]

Sadly Sam's memory ain't what it used to be.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Out of curiosity, for those of you who don't get mailed statements, are there statements online?

Because I would be mighty annoyed if I didn't have an online statement showing activity the previous month. I would think that there would be a requirement to generate a statement. That's how the credit bureaus know that the card is active.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
smallfry

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Out of curiosity, for those of you who don't get mailed statements, are there statements online?

Because I would be mighty annoyed if I didn't have an online statement showing activity the previous month. I would think that there would be a requirement to generate a statement. That's how the credit bureaus know that the card is active.

Can't seem to get one online either. I bit the bullet and registered for CheckFree this morning. Maybe I will be able to see a statement this coming week on that website. My payment from Thursday morning is still showing as pending.

Regular Contributor
Logical

haulingthescoreup wrote:

The bill is in mycheckfree. I just logged in Walmart to look at the bill, clicked on View Statement, mycheckfree opened in a separate window, logged in there, a button said it's no longer available or already paid and closed when I clicked OK. [that was NOT ok]. It apparently knows I paid the bill on walmart.com last night. Logged in directly to mycheckfree and I could view the bill. Can you spell "bad programming decision?"

Senior Contributor
smallfry

Logical wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

The bill is in mycheckfree. I just logged in Walmart to look at the bill, clicked on View Statement, mycheckfree opened in a separate window, logged in there, a button said it's no longer available or already paid and closed when I clicked OK. [that was NOT ok]. It apparently knows I paid the bill on walmart.com last night. Logged in directly to mycheckfree and I could view the bill. Can you spell "bad programming decision?"

So since I already paid the bill (though still showing pending) chances are I won't get a peek at the statement when it cuts tomorrow? How nice. BTW I can't pay the bill at my local Walmart either.

Regular Contributor
Logical

smallfry wrote:

So since I already paid the bill (though still showing pending) chances are I won't get a peek at the statement when it cuts tomorrow? How nice. BTW I can't pay the bill at my local Walmart either.

It would be interesting to know if your experience matches my one time experience

Can't pay your bill at a local Walmart? From what I understand from a Walmart employee you can at any Walmart, plus the payment credits your account immediately. Two years ago I paid my Sam's club card in a Walmart store (had trouble on line and the payment was due in a couple of days)

On a sidenote (and I don't know if this is all GEMB cards or just Sams Club), I was carrying a balance on the  Sams Club card. The bill cuts the same day every month. I logged in that day, the new bill posted (had the new pay-by-date, everything, made a payment (min+). Toward the end of that month I logged in and there was a late fee. I filed a protest on the website and a few days later called them up. They claimed I paid it before the bill cut (not true, it even posted after), reversed the fee because I'm such a good customer with never a problem before and said I need to pay on time in the future. I didn't argue because I got what I wanted and they are just reading a script anyway. The lessen is, if you carry a balance pay the day after the bill cuts. 

Senior Contributor
smallfry

Well Logical I only tried once and that was nearly 3 years ago. I will try the next time I use the card.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+