cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Your Current Highest Limit On Any CC?

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: What's Your Current Highest Limit On Any CC?

bourgogne wrote: or

I don't see how a cl on a given card is useful info with combining and cli's and such, isn't the ? what is your highest sl?  my nfcu was 25 but I could make my csr 41 in one phone call - dont mean to be a thread killer lol

I understand what you're saying about the combinng of credit limits and such. It's merely a survery--and it could also help anyone with struggling or bad credit (such as myself almost 3.5 years ago when I joined this forum) who are serious about being responsible and rebuilding see what can be achieved.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 11 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

15k. Could have grown more but I'm happy with that.
It's a huge growth from my credit this time last year.
Message 12 of 58
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

40k Merrill+, followed by 30k Cash Rewards. Go BOA!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 13 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

68k CSR, 45k Venture, 40k NFCU, 32k Citi Prestige
The CSR and Venture were cards consolidations...
Message 14 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also I rotate cards every month. What I did was applied for multiple cards all within 18 months. 4 chase cards, 3 Capital One cards and consolidated the cards... NFCU was just AR cli, and the Citi Prestige was soft pulls cli....
One commons thing I did with all of my cards , with the exception of the Chase cards, was 10k plus BT....
All of my scores are 775 or better Fico's.. income of 160k.
I have no interest in applying for any new cards, but would like all of my cards to be 50k..
My goals was to have 4 cards 50k or better... 3 years ago my only card was a Capital One card with a 300.00 credit line...
Message 15 of 58
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I don't see how a cl on a given card is useful info with combining and cli's and such, isn't the ? what is your highest sl?  my nfcu was 25 but I could make my csr 41 in one phone call - dont mean to be a thread killer lol

I understand what you're saying about the combinng of credit limits and such. It's merely a survery--and it could also help anyone with struggling or bad credit (such as myself almost 3.5 years ago when I joined this forum) who are serious about being responsible and rebuilding see what can be achieved.

How does compiling a list of high CL's help someone rebuilding?  Isn't it more important to find out how someone was able to obtain such limit?  Sure seeing big limits can lead to someone aspiring to get to the same limit but, without the story behind it there's nothing to be gleaned from the "survey".  What's more important than a CL is the good habits that get you there.  Just because many of us have 25-50K limits doesn't mean you're going to get that same number when you apply to a specific lender until you're in good standing with good habits.  You're not likely to get a 50K limit from a lender either if you're making 30K/yr unless it's from one of the usual suspects.  If you stick around here long enough and flip through the threads enough you'll come to see most personal lines top out at 100K.  Most rebuild/bad files have a slew of $300-500 limits because of the SCT and overloading on them to saciate the need to see "Congratulations, you've been approved for this pile of crap you'll regret the next morning".  

Everyone needs to sit down and come up with a plan for the next couple of years before dipping their toe in the water and collecting plastic that's useless.  Set some goals with what you're trying to achieve other than some approvals.  Where do you want to be able to spend at i.e. V/MC/AX/DS vs store only cards.  Do you really need that 5% coupon for shopping with XYZ?  Is that $0.25/gallon really doing you much good?  Is it really a good idea to hop on the bandwagon to pay $450/yr to get some travel perks if you only fly once or twice a year?  

\end rant\

Message 16 of 58
awp317
Frequent Contributor

revolving limit is 78k on the CSR. Was combined with my CSP to make it 54k and then CLI to 78k last month.  Not revolving Amex says im approved for 150k last time I played with the "will my charges be approved" thing. That was the highest I dared ask for at the time. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 17 of 58
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

46.5 k CO Venture one

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 18 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Highest limit: $10,000 AEO Store Card....... Waiting for a Visa upgrade/Hoping! 

Highest Approval: $4,800 Amex Rewards through Elan Financial Services w/ 6months of credit history and good paying habits.

I started out December 2015/ January 2016: with a $201 Capital One secured card $49 deposit! I have come a long way thanks to the forums!

Message 19 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

How does compiling a list of high CL's help someone rebuilding?  Isn't it more important to find out how someone was able to obtain such limit?  Sure seeing big limits can lead to someone aspiring to get to the same limit but, without the story behind it there's nothing to be gleaned from the "survey".  What's more important than a CL is the good habits that get you there.  Just because many of us have 25-50K limits doesn't mean you're going to get that same number when you apply to a specific lender until you're in good standing with good habits.  You're not likely to get a 50K limit from a lender either if you're making 30K/yr unless it's from one of the usual suspects.  If you stick around here long enough and flip through the threads enough you'll come to see most personal lines top out at 100K.  Most rebuild/bad files have a slew of $300-500 limits because of the SCT and overloading on them to saciate the need to see "Congratulations, you've been approved for this pile of crap you'll regret the next morning".  

Everyone needs to sit down and come up with a plan for the next couple of years before dipping their toe in the water and collecting plastic that's useless.  Set some goals with what you're trying to achieve other than some approvals.  Where do you want to be able to spend at i.e. V/MC/AX/DS vs store only cards.  Do you really need that 5% coupon for shopping with XYZ?  Is that $0.25/gallon really doing you much good?  Is it really a good idea to hop on the bandwagon to pay $450/yr to get some travel perks if you only fly once or twice a year?  

\end rant\

Come on...the OP started a thread and asked a simple question. 

Message 20 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.