Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's a good secured card?

tag
superdad
Regular Contributor

What's a good secured card?

Ok so a little back ground on me. I went in to talk to a mortage guy last week and had him pull my CR. I went in and talked to him and hear the news. Credit score was 588. My problem is I really dont have any debit. I have had a couple auto loans, motorcycle loans, line of credit in the past but they were all paid. I have about 9 things on my CR that need to be paid. All total around 5k which is very doable in getting paid in 4 months.  He did mention about getting a secured CC.  Just not sure which one to go with. Any help?

He wants me get started on this ASAP so in 4 months we can re-run my credit and see where I sit. I did have my parents add me to a CC as a AU that they have had for 20 years. Never late and has a 10k limit but the amount due is 6k. So that should help.

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: What's a good secured card?

@superdad wrote:

Ok so a little back ground on me. I went in to talk to a mortage guy last week and had him pull my CR. I went in and talked to him and hear the news. Credit score was 588. My problem is I really dont have any debit. I have had a couple auto loans, motorcycle loans, line of credit in the past but they were all paid. I have about 9 things on my CR that need to be paid. All total around 5k which is very doable in getting paid in 4 months.  He did mention about getting a secured CC.  Just not sure which one to go with. Any help?

He wants me get started on this ASAP so in 4 months we can re-run my credit and see where I sit. I did have my parents add me to a CC as a AU that they have had for 20 years. Never late and has a 10k limit but the amount due is 6k. So that should help.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the forums!!!

I would suggest Cap1 secured. You can add deposits onto it to increase your CL so if you can put a good bit of $$$ on it that would help! Good luck! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: What's a good secured card?

Wells Fargo, Bank of America and capitalone offers decent secured credit cards. There's a chance of graduation as well for Wells Fargo and Bank of America. I'm not too sure about captialone
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.