cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on with my Fidelity Amex app?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's going on with my Fidelity Amex app?

Applied Wednesday evening. Got the further review required message. Called in the next morning. The automated message said pending further review. I connected with a CSR and was told that I am approved for So much and should be getting the card in 7-10 days. Called this morning and the automated message said pending review again. Connected with a CSR once again to find out what the heck is going on. The CSR congratulated me on approval but when I brought up the auto message she told me that application was going to be reviewed by a cr analyst. She refused to transfer me to a cr analyst so that I can sort everything out like I did with other issuers. To my question how can I be approved for the card but still be under review, she went on to the regular scripted non-sense.

Must be the most bizarre conversation I had lately.
I am a bit concerned now. I have a discrepancy in date of birth on my CR and Other CCCs have asked me to submit proof or DOB. With Discover, Barclays and Chase it was A breeze once I connected with an analyst. But I am not sure how it's going to be with this company. Because for sure, they will need to verify my DOB but I don't want to go through weeks of approval.

Definitely not a very good impression. If I do get the card, it's going to be an interesting relAtionship.

Has anyone been in my boat before? What do you make of this? Could find a backdoor number for credit analysts to try to directly connect.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: What's going on with my Fidelity Amex app?

I don't have any experience with the Fido Amex.... but could it be they need to verify your CMA number with Fidelity?  

I don't remember if you already have a BoA card or not.  But if you do, they may not need to verify as much.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditDunce wrote:

I don't have any experience with the Fido Amex.... but could it be they need to verify your CMA number with Fidelity?  

I don't remember if you already have a BoA card or not.  But if you do, they may not need to verify as much.

I don't have a CMA account w/ Fidelity yet. Was thinking of opening one once I get the card. No, I don't have an account with BoA.

Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditDunce wrote:

I don't have a CMA account w/ Fidelity yet. Was thinking of opening one once I get the card. No, I don't have an account with BoA.

A  CMA is not required, nor is having an account with BOA

Message 4 of 6
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditDunce wrote:

A  CMA is not required, nor is having an account with BOA

I agree the CMA is not required.  However, it does make getting your cash back a lot easier.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been calling the 866-598-4971 number but can't get passed CSR to analyst. Is there dirrect backdoor number for analysts?

Thank you

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.