Did you mean: 

What's going on with the AMEX Zync?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: What's going on with the AMEX Zync?

@creditnocash wrote:

i would think the people with hard limit zyncs will be excluded =/ 

and isnt there some rule that if there is an af, by law they cant pc you? in the first year anyways? or does that only apply to credit cards?

They cant PC to a card with a higher limit within the first year.  Im not sure if this applies if they waive the AF on the new card.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

This is what I got when I emailed them a month ago about it:

Dear Mr. P,

Let me check this for you.

I spoke with our Account services team and they informed that we are not phasing out the Zync Card.

Also, we are unable to transfer the Zync Card to any other Card product.

However, you sure can apply for a fee free Blue Cash Everyday Card separately by visiting the following link

-

With Blue Cash Everyday you get 3% cash back at supermarkets, 2% back at gas stations and department stores, and 1% everywhere else.

There is no annual fee and no annual fees for Additional Cards.

Mr. p, I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

rep

That's essentially what I was told when I called the number on my BLUE (NOT the number for Zync's CSRs).

That we can keep the Zync as long as we want but we can no longer recommend it to others anymore as they are no longer taking applications for it.

Also at the time of the call, they were still in a no PC policy for the Zync.  I'm pretty sure anyone who has the ZYNC can keep it as long as they want as long as it's in good standing.

As of last week a friend with a HL called them and they told him basically the same thing and also invited him to apply for a revolver, he declined, saying he didn't feel he'd qualify due to his current file and didn't want to take a HP for nothing.  The rep said she understood and was impressed he understood credit that well and wished more of their members felt that way Smiley Very Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 12 of 14
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

@p- wrote:

This is what I got when I emailed them a month ago about it:

Dear Mr. P,

Let me check this for you.

I spoke with our Account services team and they informed that we are not phasing out the Zync Card.

Also, we are unable to transfer the Zync Card to any other Card product.

However, you sure can apply for a fee free Blue Cash Everyday Card separately by visiting the following link

-

With Blue Cash Everyday you get 3% cash back at supermarkets, 2% back at gas stations and department stores, and 1% everywhere else.

There is no annual fee and no annual fees for Additional Cards.

Mr. p, I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

@Anonymous I dont know about. Visa & Master Card is where its @. my 2 cents. When I spend $ with a bank, I would like to get something back. It works both ways <>

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 13 of 14
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

As of last week a friend with a HL called them and they told him basically the same thing and also invited him to apply for a revolver, he declined, saying he didn't feel he'd qualify due to his current file and didn't want to take a HP for nothing.  The rep said she understood and was impressed he understood credit that well and wished more of their members felt that way Smiley Very Happy

if your friend had a hl zync its still a zync meaning it would only be a soft according the this board. 

im going to apply in jan or pc my zync in jan if they allow me to anyway. the hl is ehh right now. but its not like im trying to spend 1200 a month on it. atm

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.