cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happening with Barclays? BT Offers no more?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

What's happening with Barclays? BT Offers no more?

I've had the Sallie Mae card for about 5 years now I believe, and ever since I could remember there were ALWAYS BT offers whenever I would go and look. As of a month ago or so, there hasn't been any offers on there? Could it be because of Sallie Mae going away?

What are your thoughts.

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's happening with Barclays? BT Offers no more?

Last week I received two BT offers, one from each of my Barclay's cards. Maybe it has more to do with Sallie Mae?

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting 1% offers left and right.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay sent me an invite for their Arrival Plus World Elite on Thursday and it offered 0% balance transfers over the next 12 months. I applied and got a starting limit of $12,500.

Message 4 of 15
xgac12x
Established Contributor

That's strange. I will have to keep a look out then, because I have always had an offer on my account no matter what and now all of a sudden I havent seen one for the last couple of months.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uh oh. That is bad news when they take away the balance transfer option, or only one that is available is 4% fee and full APR you get AA//CLD. I hope you have your ducks in a row to do your business somewhere else because you're about to get a 500 limit.
Message 6 of 15
xgac12x
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Uh oh. That is bad news when they take away the balance transfer option, or only one that is available is 4% fee and full APR you get AA//CLD. I hope you have your ducks in a row to do your business somewhere else because you're about to get a 500 limit.

Yeah that is what happened. I don't understand, they just gave me a credit line increase (auto) maybe 2 weeks ago. I will be more than upset if that ends up happening.

I had a balance of 6.7k from a balance transfer but I have paid that completely off within maybe a three month span. So could that be why?

Message 7 of 15
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Really?!?

Come on......You say it as if you KNOW it will happen. Maybe that happened to you but does that mean it applies to all? Maybe I'm unaware of an unwritten Barclays rule?

Though I agree with Ford that its probably not the greatest thing to happen to your account. I would watch it carefully and prepare for the worst but to say this WILL happen because of THAT is a stretch.

OP, I've had Barclays cards for years and have seen BT offers come and go. Used to have them available all the time until about 8 months ago when they disappeared suddenly.

Just last month they started showing up again. I'm proof it doesn't always end badly.

Never received any AA/CLD from them.

Message 8 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If you have the 5% on $250 SM card there were no offers mailed for this month, I called Barclays a week ago on this, they will resume once the termination of this card happens and it moves to Commence. Thats all I wanted to hear since the card will only be useful for BTs or short to medium term finance of a purchase. I have a feeling they are going to see quite a drop in usage with the Commence.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

If you have the 5% on $250 SM card there were no offers mailed for this month, I called Barclays a week ago on this, they will resume once the termination of this card happens and it moves to Commence. Thats all I wanted to hear since the card will only be useful for BTs or short to medium term finance of a purchase. I have a feeling they are going to see quite a drop in usage with the Commence.

Interesting ... haven't had an offer for a BT on my Sallie for months and Barclay just put up a 0% today! Card goes away in eight days ... interesting!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.