cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happening with Barclays? BT Offers no more?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Re: What's happening with Barclays? BT Offers no more?

@gdale6 wrote:

If you have the 5% on $250 SM card there were no offers mailed for this month, I called Barclays a week ago on this, they will resume once the termination of this card happens and it moves to Commence. Thats all I wanted to hear since the card will only be useful for BTs or short to medium term finance of a purchase. I have a feeling they are going to see quite a drop in usage with the Commence.

Ah okay makes sense. I will keep an eye on it. Thank you!

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes my uh oh post is words of wisdom. It happened to me on both of my account. I went from 14000 + limit to 500 and 1k limits. One of my accounts 10 years old. I had done multiple balance transfers and pay them off early. I got the NFL card and used it just enough to reap the signup bonus and parked it. when I brought it out to use it again for another balance transfer it would not let me... Cld later.
Message 12 of 15
negg
Frequent Contributor

I get these checks every week in the mail and always have 2 or 3 offers on my account page 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 13 of 15
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes my uh oh post is words of wisdom. It happened to me on both of my account. I went from 14000 + limit to 500 and 1k limits. One of my accounts 10 years old. I had done multiple balance transfers and pay them off early. I got the NFL card and used it just enough to reap the signup bonus and parked it. when I brought it out to use it again for another balance transfer it would not let me... Cld later.

I hear ya and sucks that happened to you. I'm just saying its one thing to cite your personal experience as a precaution for OP to take into consideration, but to say it WILL happen (like you did in original post) to him/her may cause undue worries.

Message 14 of 15
degs138
Established Contributor

I'm still getting the Check every month in the mail for my Arrival card.  I also have the balance transfer option on the website.  It's either a sallie Mae thing or you may have done something they deem risky behavior.  I did a BT one time when I wanted to finance a remodel for 12 months.  At one percent it was way easier than getting a 9k loan or moving money out of investments and paying tax.  I love Barclays for the 1% BT checks.  I can cash them into my checking account and use it like cash.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.