Valued Member

What's harder to apply? AMEX PRG or AMEX Delta Gold?

I want to make sure I apply to the easiest first. I want both cards.

Valued Contributor

Re: What's harder to apply? AMEX PRG or AMEX Delta Gold?

ive heard the delta is one of the easier ones. 

but with amex they are all harder ones =)

Current: Discover Fico 701 3/15 Walmart Fico 684 1/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 5 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 03/23/2015
Over 12 Months:6

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
15% right now, but going up soon :smileysad:
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$6400
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Established Contributor

I've always thought the revolvers were harder to get. I would app for the PRG and if approved, immediately app for the DG.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Valued Contributor

adavis425 wrote:

I've always thought the revolvers were harder to get. I would app for the PRG and if approved, immediately app for the DG.

+1 Agree.  I was instant NPSL approval on Zync and I had to wait a little bit (about 10 minutes) on Delta.  They were done back to back last month.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Duncanrr wrote:

adavis425 wrote:

+1 Agree.  I was instant NPSL approval on Zync and I had to wait a little bit (about 10 minutes) on Delta.  They were done back to back last month.

+1

Alway app the charger first then the revolver.  The lending standards are higher on the revolvers, even the "easiest" of the revolvers.  Hit up the PRG then the Delta.  Wait till you get the approval for the charge product then app the revolver immediately.  This way, you have a better chance at just 1 HP.  Just my .02.  :smileyhappy:. Good Luck!  Let us know the results!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, TotalRewards 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K

Valued Contributor

Neither are that difficult to get, but I'd agree with the others in that the Delta revolver would be slightly harder. If you have a FICO of ~680, a decent income, at least 1-2 other reporting TLs and no major derogs, you should be fine.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Member

CreditScholar wrote:

Neither are that difficult to get, but I'd agree with the others in that the Delta revolver would be slightly harder. If you have a FICO of ~680, a decent income, at least 1-2 other reporting TLs and no major derogs, you should be fine.

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll let you know the results on Sunday. Is $20,000 enough income?

Valued Contributor

Objectivist wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll let you know the results on Sunday. Is $20,000 enough income?

Maybe others can chime in here, but I have a feeling that's extremely iffy. Do you fly Delta a lot? If you do, I can see that you might want the card for the perks (baggage fees, etc.).

I wouldn't apply for the PRG with only 20k income though. You simply won't be able to spend enough to realistically offset the $175 AF.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Contributor

I wouldn't apply for the PRG with only 20k income though. You simply won't be able to spend enough to realistically offset the $175 AF.

+1

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Valued Member

It's strictly for the bonuses right now. I'll have a much higher income after graduation.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.