cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's harder to apply? AMEX PRG or AMEX Delta Gold?

tag
Objectivist
Valued Member

What's harder to apply? AMEX PRG or AMEX Delta Gold?

I want to make sure I apply to the easiest first. I want both cards.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: What's harder to apply? AMEX PRG or AMEX Delta Gold?

ive heard the delta is one of the easier ones. 

but with amex they are all harder ones =)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 14
adavis425
Established Contributor

I've always thought the revolvers were harder to get. I would app for the PRG and if approved, immediately app for the DG.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 3 of 14
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

I've always thought the revolvers were harder to get. I would app for the PRG and if approved, immediately app for the DG.

+1 Agree.  I was instant NPSL approval on Zync and I had to wait a little bit (about 10 minutes) on Delta.  They were done back to back last month.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 14
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

+1 Agree.  I was instant NPSL approval on Zync and I had to wait a little bit (about 10 minutes) on Delta.  They were done back to back last month.

+1

Alway app the charger first then the revolver.  The lending standards are higher on the revolvers, even the "easiest" of the revolvers.  Hit up the PRG then the Delta.  Wait till you get the approval for the charge product then app the revolver immediately.  This way, you have a better chance at just 1 HP.  Just my .02.  Smiley Happy. Good Luck!  Let us know the results!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 5 of 14
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Neither are that difficult to get, but I'd agree with the others in that the Delta revolver would be slightly harder. If you have a FICO of ~680, a decent income, at least 1-2 other reporting TLs and no major derogs, you should be fine.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 14
Objectivist
Valued Member

@CreditScholar wrote:

Neither are that difficult to get, but I'd agree with the others in that the Delta revolver would be slightly harder. If you have a FICO of ~680, a decent income, at least 1-2 other reporting TLs and no major derogs, you should be fine.

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll let you know the results on Sunday. Is $20,000 enough income?

Message 7 of 14
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Objectivist wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll let you know the results on Sunday. Is $20,000 enough income?

Maybe others can chime in here, but I have a feeling that's extremely iffy. Do you fly Delta a lot? If you do, I can see that you might want the card for the perks (baggage fees, etc.).

I wouldn't apply for the PRG with only 20k income though. You simply won't be able to spend enough to realistically offset the $175 AF.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 8 of 14
Elcid89
Contributor

I wouldn't apply for the PRG with only 20k income though. You simply won't be able to spend enough to realistically offset the $175 AF.

+1

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 9 of 14
Objectivist
Valued Member

It's strictly for the bonuses right now. I'll have a much higher income after graduation.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.