cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's in your.... Sock Drawer (SD)?

tag
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Re: What's in your.... Sock Drawer (SD)?

Everything except CSP and Merrill+ because I think the Bull design is awesome

and CSP is METALLLLLLLLLL

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 21 of 31
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Macy's

Best Buy

Kay's

Orchard

Gordman's

Most will probably end up shredded

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 22 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Chevron- no rewards
JcPenney- did my obligatory charge this year
Walmart-bought a DVD player - will charge something sm again in 4-5 mos
PayPal MC- no 0%- rate too high
VS- I can only buy so much Bath and Body Works
Macy's- will bring it out for the holiday
Mutual Bank of Omaha MC- have no idea what I was thinking about when I app'ed for this card. Only reports to EQ grrrr
Discover It- for at least this qtr
Sony- paying off my 36 mo 0% APR.
Message 23 of 31
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I have a Merrick card(former Hooters), Capital One, and Chase Freedom in the sock drawer.  The first two have no rewards but the Capitol One is used from time to time with 0% balance transfer offers.  The Freedom card is a rate jacked 29.9% former WAMU card. I also use it for 0% balance transfer offers. If their is a 5% category not on Discover I'll use it but that's pretty rare.d

Message 24 of 31
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

My Capital One is right under my dress socks.  Only needed it to get a jump on a positive CC TL until I got a few cards I really wanted in sig.  I will call before Oct to try to get AF waived I suppose.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 25 of 31
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Currently, I'm SD'ing:

Chase Freedom

Discover IT

BoA Siggy

Amex PRG

The only cards that are getting some play are:

Gap Visa (3x on all purchases until 4/30, then SD also)

Citi Forward (regular 5x categories + gas & travel)

BCP (groceries)

and Target when I go there

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 26 of 31
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

Orchard Bank.  Why?  $300 credit limit that won't grow. 

Emailed the E/O and they want to HP for a CLI. 
Since I'm in the garden, thats a NO GO.  At least they waived my annual fee is waived for this year. 

Discover because the bonus category isn't for me this quarter. 

AMEX is almost there.  As soon as I hit my spending level for the year, off to the SD for them, too. 

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 27 of 31
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Those who currently have the chase freedom sd'ed, do you have another card that gives you more than 5% on restaurants?

In my SD:

PNC points
Citi Dividend Visa
Citi Dividend Mastercard
Citi Diamond preferred
BofA cash rewards
CapitalOne Cash
US Bank flexperks
Amex BCE

I carry:

Penfed platinum visa
Chase freedom mastercard
Discover It
Priceline rewards Visa.
Message 28 of 31
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Generic Chase Visa , Best Buy Mastercard, AMEX Zync, Amex Green all being SD'd right now. Well the Amex green is used on auto pay bills, but i keep it in my safe. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 29 of 31
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@sassymomof2 wrote:

Orchard Bank.  Why?  $300 credit limit that won't grow. 

Emailed the E/O and they want to HP for a CLI. 
Since I'm in the garden, thats a NO GO.  At least they waived my annual fee is waived for this year. 

Discover because the bonus category isn't for me this quarter. 

AMEX is almost there.  As soon as I hit my spending level for the year, off to the SD for them, too. 

Yeah, I spoke again with Household/Orchard/HSBC again today about that.  I was told by HSBC that ALL Capone accounts now must have a hard pull.  It was right after I spoke with Capone and had two reps who told me it was a soft pull.  The rep wanted to know who I spoke to as she was going to call over there and get them straightened out since I was misinformed and I was going to get a hard pull even though they told me the wrong info.  I, of course, called back to Capone and was told by another person and the rep who is handling my case that it was truly a soft pull and they might have different policies at the HSBC cards until the conversion takes place.  (Can we pray that it happens a little sooner, so at least in the nightmare it all simply just the same nightmare, not different ones.)  I don't know if this is to keep HSBC cardholders from getting too much which might cause more issues later with Capone dual cardholders or to keep them in the undercurrent for as long as they can.  I think it stinks that there are two seperate policies for the same company. 

I too refused the hard pull twice now since I am also in the garden.  I am glad mine has no AF to worry about, or I would probably close the card as I did one Capone card last year before I found an option around their policy of not allowing customer initiated credit limit increases and their periodic random CLI's.  You realize that periodic and random could mean that most of their cardholders still don't get any luvin!?!  (We already know it does!)  Us Capone cardholders are certainly aware of the rhetoric and what their nonsense responses really mean.  You would think that with all the legal issues they have had in the past few years they would be a bit quicker about getting on the right track.  (It still suprises me that they were allowed to buy out the HSBC credit portfolio.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.