cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's in your wallet? Capital One Shame?

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: What's in your wallet? Capital One Shame?

@TheBoss wrote:

How I look at it: If you don't like the way someone does business, don't do business with them. Simple as that.

There are certainly plenty of other cards available that give 1.5% cash back. So there is no need to stay with a company you personally dislike for whatever reason. Or even no reason.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 41 of 72
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@TheBoss wrote:

How I look at it: If you don't like the way someone does business, don't do business with them. Simple as that.

There are certainly plenty of other cards available that give 1.5% cash back. So there is no need to stay with a company you personally dislike for whatever reason. Or even no reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cap One is the only lender offering 'Unlimited Cash Back.' With that, I wondered if they were fair to their applicants/potential cardholders with regard to the credit limits they give.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 42 of 72
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:

I'm really curious after hearing a multitude of complaints from Capital One QS cardholders with paltry credit limits. Capital One boasts about its 'unlimited cash back' card products. In many cases, an unlimited cash back card with a small CL is less valuable than another lender's product offering a higher credit limit and a cap on cash back. Is it true that Cap One is issuing small credit limits to the vast majority of their cash back accounts. Can any Cap One cardholders weigh in on this? I'd love to know what is really transpiring.

I know what's not in my wallet Smiley Happy   A Cap1 card

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 43 of 72
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

I'm really curious after hearing a multitude of complaints from Capital One QS cardholders with paltry credit limits. Capital One boasts about its 'unlimited cash back' card products. In many cases, an unlimited cash back card with a small CL is less valuable than another lender's product offering a higher credit limit and a cap on cash back. Is it true that Cap One is issuing small credit limits to the vast majority of their cash back accounts. Can any Cap One cardholders weigh in on this? I'd love to know what is really transpiring.

LOL Wade! BTW I like your goal. It lines up with mine.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 44 of 72
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

I just can't see giving up 3 HP's for one card. Also i don't like the stupid commercial they air 10 - 15 times a daySmiley Frustrated

I am a lil over 4 months into my goal Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 45 of 72
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

I just can't see giving up 3 HP's for one card. Also i don't like the stupid commercial they air 10 - 15 times a daySmiley Frustrated

Ewww! Three hard pulls is a bit much for 1 card. Wowzer! I'd only do it if I could app for 3 of their cards at the same time as all inquiries from the same lender in the same day only count as 1 inquiry per each bureau (for most lenders).

Message 46 of 72
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

Ewww! Three hard pulls is a bit much for 1 card. Wowzer! I'd only do it if I could app for 3 of their cards at the same time as all inquiries from the same lender in the same day only count as 1 inquiry per each bureau (for most lenders).

That's what everyone keeps telling me , they triple pull for a card Smiley Indifferent

Message 47 of 72
red259
Super Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

That's what everyone keeps telling me , they triple pull for a card Smiley Indifferent

Do they triple pull people who already have a cap 1 card as well? The initial triple pull does suck but when starting the credit journey its not a big deal. More annoying later on if you do frequent apps. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 48 of 72
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Do they triple pull people who already have a cap 1 card as well? The initial triple pull does suck but when starting the credit journey its not a big deal. More annoyiong later on if you do frequent apps. 

I dont' really see it as a triple pull. It's only one on each bureau, so I don't see it as a big deal. Unless you plan on applying for one card from them each day, it's not that bad. I have one frozen and they still approved me for 20,000, so they don't need all three and I'd say a 20,000 limit and $400 is worth more than one bureau being looked at.

Message 49 of 72
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Do they triple pull people who already have a cap 1 card as well? The initial triple pull does suck but when starting the credit journey its not a big deal. More annoyiong later on if you do frequent apps. 

I dont' really see it as a triple pull. It's only one on each bureau, so I don't see it as a big deal. Unless you plan on applying for one card from them each day, it's not that bad. I have one frozen and they still approved me for 20,000, so they don't need all three and I'd say a 20,000 limit and $400 is worth more than one bureau being looked at.

which CB did you have frozen ??  Thanks

Message 50 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.