Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
01-25-2010 05:35 PM
Including bank cards and credit unions, [you may even include store credit cards that you cannot live without] which 5 cards would you have if you had 750+ scores and can have any card you wish. I am curious to know which cards are myfico members favorites. I'll start:
NFCU Platinum MC
American Express Blue
Home Goods [don't know who issue this card]
What about you, what are your Favorite 5?
01-25-2010 08:33 PM
01-26-2010 07:44 AM - edited 01-26-2010 07:46 AM
If I had to pick 5 of my accounts and give everything else up, it would be:
NFCU Visa (after combining my MC CL to Visa)
USAA MC (after combining my AMEX CL)
toss up between PenFed & BoA Visa
This means I would have to give up
PenFed or BoA
Misc Store/Gas cards (Macy's, Home Depot, Firestone, Rooms to Go, etc)
NFCU NAVcheck (if I couldn't keep an LOC in addition to 5 cc's)
01-26-2010 09:41 AM
What I currently carry:
Citi AAdvantage MC
BofA Debit card
Chase Debit card (moms card for her purchases)
If my scores were 750+ (my wish list cards)
01-26-2010 10:21 AM
I would keep my three favorites:
Nordstrom Platinum Visa
Chase Amazon Visa
Express Store Card
and add an Amex Zync (bc lets face it, its way prettier than green or gold And maybe a good travel rewards card like Discover Miles.
01-26-2010 12:42 PM
01-26-2010 01:02 PM
What I currently carry:
01-26-2010 01:08 PM
Amex used to be on top of list.
I had American Express Green Card for 20 and used it for most everything every month. I paid it on time. I got behind on other credit cards, and they dropped me like a stone.
Amex is now on the bottom of the list.
01-26-2010 01:24 PM
My Top 5 credit cards would be:
(1) Chase Freedom (Top 3 categories each month)
(2) AMEX True Earnings Costco (dining and gas)
(3) Discover More (whatever the 5% category is for the quarter and online shopping)
(4) Ameriprise World Elite M/C (travel)
(5) HSBC Weekend M/C (whatever I don't get 3% or 5% on then I charge it here for 2% on the weekends)
I would have to give up
Amex Blue Cash
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.