Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's in your wallet?

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: What's in your wallet?

I've lost my wallet way more times than my car has gotten broken into....which is never. Actually neither one has happened in recent years, not even when I was in college. But a safe sounds like a good idea.
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 41 of 48
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yeah icy a safe will be much safer than your glove compartment.
Message 42 of 48
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Amex Business Gold and BCE, CSP, and Freedom. Oh and I SD most of my cards because I just prefer these cards.

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 43 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Many of us have multiple cards, but how many of those do we actually carry with us everywhere?  What cards do you carry everywhere and what cards do you keep in the drawer and why?

I carry the Chase Freedom, BofA Cash Rewards, Citi Simplicity, Wells Fargo Cash Back Card, and the B&N MasterCard(for now, planning on closing this card in the next coming days)

Just out of curiosity, why are you closing the B&N card? I work for them and I hardly ever see people using it. I thought about getting one myself someday (5% off in addition to the employee discount), but that's a few years away...

Message 44 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually carry all of my cards, but I probably shouldn't. I'm just paranoid that I will somehow be without the best card for the purchase or something I guess haha. 

Message 45 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have like 5 cards then I don't see an issue carrying with them. But people with 30 cards? You might be pushing it. I'm a woman, so my wallet actually has like 20 slots in it and just double up some of my cards. When I'm at work..that wallet stays in the safe and I have a tiny wallet I take it work with me.
Message 46 of 48
icyhot
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually carry all of my cards, but I probably shouldn't. I'm just paranoid that I will somehow be without the best card for the purchase or something I guess haha. 

This happened to me! I haven't used my Forward in months outside of iTunes purchases, and my boyfriend suggests we go to the movies. Of course I didn't have my Forward on me cuz I hardly ever go, so I couldn't get the 5X points. Seeing him swipe his debit card made me cringe.

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 47 of 48
parkbuilder
Regular Contributor

1st Slot: Notre Dame FCU Platinum Visa

2nd Slot: Capital One Quicksilver One MC

3rd Slot: Barclay's Rewards MC

4th Slot: Wells Fargo Debit Card

Side Pouch:

Capital One Platinum

Capital One Quicksilver One(AU)

Capital One Journey(AU)

Capital One Platinum(AU)

Credit One(Almost time to cancel)

Walmart Store Card

Kohl's

Old Navy

CFNA

Kay's

Belk

Amazon

Starting Score: TU 649 EX 632 EQ 603(6/15)
Current Score: TU 664 EX 666 EQ 637 (9/15)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.