Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's my Discover here to do..?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

What's my Discover here to do..?

So basically this is my situation. I have a Chase Freedom (1%, that I use for restaurants now), Quicksilver (1.5%, backup to my Fidelity), Fidelity AMEX (2%, Everyday use on regular spending), and my Sallie Mae (5%, Gas, Groceries). I have my Discover in my wallet just incase something comes up. It was one of my first cards, so I am pretty much keeping it for Ulit purposes (even though I dont carry a balance and AAoA. Basically the only reason for me to use this card would be in the appropriate category for 5%, other than that I cant really think of think of anything. I think Discover has no FTF, (I dont really travel though). Is there anything else that makes this card any different other than my Freedom or any other card? I'm not going to cancel it because DIscover is an amazing company. Very respectable. Just curious. 

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: What's my Discover here to do..?

I'll give you 4

1. Offers frequent 12 and 15 month BT offers to existing cardholders (I had to utilize this once)

2. Offers American based customer service support

3. Generous credit limits

4. 1% earned on all purchases + offers different rotating categories than Freedom

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 12
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Yeah I'll use it when the categories apply

Message 3 of 12
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Have any idea what the 3rd and 4th quarter categories are going to be?

Message 4 of 12
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

On the website, it just has "summer break" as the 3rd quarter. No idea what that means. Maybe travel perks? They haven't had gas yet. And 4th quarter will be holiday shopping.

Message 5 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I'll give you 4

1. Offers frequent 12 and 15 month BT offers to existing cardholders (I had to utilize this once)

4. 1% earned on all purchases + offers different rotating categories than Freedom

May i add Shop Discover Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 12
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

I'll give you 4

Oh yea I forgot that one. Shop Discover does have some pretty cool features but I hardly use it. I use my Freedom more. Currently using my BT benefits on my Discover tho. So the card is out of play at the moment.

Message 7 of 12
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:

Have any idea what the 3rd and 4th quarter categories are going to be?

Going to have to wait til they officialy announce them to be sure, but 3rd quarter probably with be gas. 4th probably amazon.com/online and maybe department stores. 

Message 8 of 12
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

I'll give you 4

LOVE Shop Discover.  It's the primary reason I use it.

18k10k7.6k10k10k5k5.6k1.7k2k
Federal CU PLOC: $5k
Scores, Dec. 2014- TU: 755 EX: 763 EQ: 757
Last App: 12/8/14. In the garden until Jan 2016, getting "mortgage" ready.
Message 9 of 12
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

On the website, it just has "summer break" as the 3rd quarter. No idea what that means. Maybe travel perks? They haven't had gas yet. And 4th quarter will be holiday shopping.

If you click on the category, there is a a pic of a fuel gauge, so it should be gas.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.