Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's next?

tag
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: What's next?

@Anonymous wrote:
Than you guys. That's what I'm probably going to do. So what would be the final advise on PenFed? how do they treat people with a relatively short credit history? anyone knows?

I haven't applied to PenFed myself, although I have considered it.  If you do a search here for Penfed, you'll see lots of folk's experiences, but they are rather conservative and may deny you for your short history or number of new accounts.

Good luck!

Message 11 of 16
oracles
Valued Contributor

Someone on here just create a thread stating Penfed denied them due to short credit history. They had 2years and 3 months.
Message 12 of 16
wmarat
Valued Contributor

My credit history is 2.5 years old and I have had Penfed CC since 04.08, means I got card when my credit history was 1 year and 10 months old, but YMMV.

OP.

I would advise to add to your mix CU (Penfed, Alliant, Patelco, NASA, Justice, Addison, Agricultural, Navy etc.)

Store card (Macys, Bloomy etc.)

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 13 of 16
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

welcome to the boards

lexa-

i just sent you a message..

bamagirl 

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 14 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is permanently locked!

FaircreditguyFL wrote:
Freeze you EX.  I would not add on cards.  I would work on CLI for each of your creditors.  If you are wanting a new card, try State Farm Bank Visa.  Great creditor, top notch customer service and decent APR.  Thay also will increase your limit every 6 months without a new pull.  They will use an internal score to determine CLI.  I have had 3 increases...  500, 500, 1000.
Message Edited by FaircreditguyFL on 12-30-2008 04:48 AM

Hi FaircreditguyFL:

Please be advised that your suggestion to freeze a specific credit report so CCCs and lenders can't access that report when a consumer apps violates myFICO's credit repair discussion guidelines and TOS. This is nothing more than an old credit building/rebuilding tatic that misleads CCCs and lenders. Please read the following before posting again.

Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines, Terms of Service, and User Guidelines

Thanks for contributing to these forums and for your cooperation!

--fused, myfico,

Message Edited by fused on 12-30-2008 08:09 PM
Message 15 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

PMs are not entirely private, are they?Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.