Did you mean: 

What's next

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: What's next

@erickm09 wrote:

Thats the thing that confuses me.

I bank with BOA so I can get the extra 10% when redeeming.

BCE offers 3% on gas

BUT Discover and Chase have gas at 5% til september. 

So should i focus all the earnings in one card so I accumulate the points? or should I just have them spread out on all the cards?

Where rotating categories are the same: focus on the card with the highest earning. In this case, focus either on Discover or Chase until you hit the quarterly cap ($750 in spending, i believe). If and when you hit this "cap", switch to the next card. If you really spend a lot on gas, then go to the next high earning card. Rinse, recycle, repeat Smiley Happy This will give you the highest earnings per category.

Message 11 of 15
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Great job!!!

Feel free to use them to maximize rewards. Showing fake "usage" is pointless and non-sustainable in my opinion. Find a rewards program you like for all your 1% purchases, and use the others for the categories that get you the most cash back. DO NOT CARRY BALANCES - that negates the rewards you earn and makes it all pretty pointless.

Manage your Utilization as best as you can to keep your scores high. With no baddies, you would be surprised ow quickly those scores will rise. You can probably try for a refi in less than a year at very good rates if you choose to.

Congrats on your success. Stick around and chat. Hit the Garden, learn what you can and contribute back to the forums!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 12 of 15
erickm09

Thanks! I will use them accordingly to their promos then!

Also is there any difference between paying in full once the bill comes in or paying in full before the closing date?

Message 13 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@erickm09 wrote:

Thanks! I will use them accordingly to their promos then!

Also is there any difference between paying in full once the bill comes in or paying in full before the closing date?

Pay all (PIF) before statement cuts except the one let it report balance 1-9% and then pay when statement cuts

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 15
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

The difference is that if you pay before statement closes then the balance reported to the CRAs for the card will be 0. 

If you wait until the statement generates and then pay, your statement balance is reported to the CRAs. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.