Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's next?

tag
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: What's next?

I would if I were you - but realize you are probably limited to no more HPs for at least 6 months.  Citi will give you at least $2,000 and maybe up to $8,000 I would guess.

Message 11 of 14
keithB
Established Contributor

Also, they have 18 months 0% APR... Balance transfer your CC current debt and then try for a CLI with USAA in 6 months.  There should be no reason they are leaving you stuck at $500 - unless the car loans are keeping you there.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to think on this one over night, the limiting me to no pulls for 6 months makes me reconsider a bit. I tend to fall for impulse buys(cars) every now and then and don't want to limit myself in the case that I find something that I just have to have. I have 2 fresh 0% cards for 18 months, the discover(they continue to give me 0% once the offer is over) and my new AMEX. I really only use 1 card at a time and pay in full each month, so I don't really need another at the moment, just trying to improve my report overall. Really appreciate the constant help man!

Message 13 of 14
keithB
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going to think on this one over night, the limiting me to no pulls for 6 months makes me reconsider a bit. I tend to fall for impulse buys(cars) every now and then and don't want to limit myself in the case that I find something that I just have to have. I have 2 fresh 0% cards for 18 months, the discover(they continue to give me 0% once the offer is over) and my new AMEX. I really only use 1 card at a time and pay in full each month, so I don't really need another at the moment, just trying to improve my report overall. Really appreciate the constant help man!

I hear you, you're welcome.  USAA offered me another card but as much as I hated to, I had to walk away.  Sometimes walking will help your score and later goals more than anything.

Besides, Citi cards are boring but I like my Simplicity and before I ran it up $1250/$5000, it was the one I reached for most often behind my AMEX EveryDay.

It's good to know that there are companies that will at least let you know they want your business - even if the timing isn't right on your end at the moment.  Good luck with whatever you decide!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.