Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's next?

Looking for a bit of advice to help build my wifes short credit history even more. I married a dual citzen who moved to the U.S. with me in June 2014, she's never had credit in the U.S. before then. I immediately wanted to help establish her credit and came to this forum, was recommended to add her as an AU to a few of my accounts. Did so, 5-ish months later, her score is incredibly a bit higher than mine, 765 FACO. Not a single account of her own, just an AU on 3 of my cards.

Now she's starting to get 0% offers in the mail, I'm wanting to go for it but we're possibly buying a house toward the end of this year. She has 0 hard hits on all of the bureaus. We have a Discover IT and Capitol One Quicksilver offer. With us looking to buy a home this year, will applying for one of these cards look negative? Will it even help since she's technically already on 3 accounts? If we apply and are approved, should I add myself as an AU(seems like a good way to increase credit line without taking a hit). Any input at all is appreciated!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.