cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's not in my wallet!!

Super Contributor

What's not in my wallet!!

 

I will never carry any HSBC, GEMB and Capital One cards.  They're all on my credit card wall of shame list. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: What's not in my wallet!!

I only carry GEMB Lowes, I can't pass up those 18 month no interest deals for projects around the condo. 

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: What's not in my wallet!!

I fired Chase for doing business dishonorably and not honoring offers. I'll probably not carry one of their cards for quite some time.

Message 3 of 18
Valued Member

Re: What's not in my wallet!!

You know, I've heard this about Chase quite a few times!

Message 4 of 18
Super Contributor

Re: What's not in my wallet!!

 


MrShush wrote:

I fired Chase for doing business dishonorably and not honoring offers. I'll probably not carry one of their cards for quite some time.


They better give me my $100 bonus when I spend $500 within 3 months.  If not, there will be an uproar!!  A Chase CC is not worth a new inquiry, but $100 sure is. 

 

Message 5 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: What's not in my wallet!!


MrShush wrote:

I fired Chase for doing business dishonorably


This is why I left Chase a couple of years back.  I wouldn't  trust Chase as far as I could throw their building.  I  would put my money under the mattress before going back to Chase. 

FICO 08
TU 839 11/11/17
EX 833 11/11/17
EQ 837 11/12/17
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 42k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 5/15
Message 6 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: What's not in my wallet!!

 


DI wrote:

 


MrShush wrote:

I fired Chase for doing business dishonorably and not honoring offers. I'll probably not carry one of their cards for quite some time.


They better give me my $100 bonus when I spend $500 within 3 months.  If not, there will be an uproar!!  A Chase CC is not worth a new inquiry, but $100 sure is. 

 


 

Ya know what DI, I almost took the bait for the $150 they are offering on the Freedom card, but in the end, a new inquiry, lowered AA, and risk of them not paying me was not worth it.

 

Now people are chiming in on the same issues--oh Lord, did I start a flame war?! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 18
Super Contributor

Re: What's not in my wallet!!

 


MrShush wrote:

 


DI wrote:

 


MrShush wrote:

I fired Chase for doing business dishonorably and not honoring offers. I'll probably not carry one of their cards for quite some time.


They better give me my $100 bonus when I spend $500 within 3 months.  If not, there will be an uproar!!  A Chase CC is not worth a new inquiry, but $100 sure is. 

 


 

Ya know what DI, I almost took the bait for the $150 they are offering on the Freedom card, but in the end, a new inquiry, lowered AA, and risk of them not paying me was not worth it.

 

Now people are chiming in on the same issues--oh Lord, did I start a flame war?! Smiley Very Happy


This is the reason why Chase APRs are in the 20s.  They have to find ways to keep the books balance at the expense of its existing customers. Existing cardholders pays for new cardholders cashback bonus. 

 

Message 8 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: What's not in my wallet!!

My GEMB cards have been very good to me. Only reason I'm dealing with HSBC is because of my best buy store card have been getting nice CLI every six months. It's a done deal with me an Cap One will never look at one of there cards again an 3 inquiries is also not worth any of there products.


Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 18
Established Contributor

Re: What's not in my wallet!!

Discovers not in my wallet :-( I really want a discover as they have been good to my parents since 1987. At one point they were up to their limit and discover automatically extended their limit by 2 dollars. To this Day they still have a xx,xx2 dollar limit. I am planning on apply for a discover in 6 months.

__________________________
01/11/2011: FICO:TU: 746
12/14/2010: FICO:EQ: 744
08/12/2011: FICO:EXP: 766
Message 10 of 18