Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best 0% card right now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the best 0% card right now?

My daughter is in a bind.  Her hospital bill is going to go to collections unless they get 4500 now.  Instead of coming out of my bank account, what is the best 0% interest card out there right now?  Not Chase since she didn't use it & they lowered her limit to 2k.  She needs something for 18 months.  thx

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: What's the best 0% card right now?

@Anonymous wrote:

My daughter is in a bind.  Her hospital bill is going to go to collections unless they get 4500 now.  Instead of coming out of my bank account, what is the best 0% interest card out there right now?  Not Chase since she didn't use it & they lowered her limit to 2k.  She needs something for 18 months.  thx

Look towards Amex ED and Amex BCE. These tend to offer many months of 0% interest...but not 18 months. Often 15 months is the max. 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much!  

Message 3 of 8
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Citi has 21 months 0% on Simplicity. Even better than Amex right now.

Message 4 of 8
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Citi has 21 months 0% on Simplicity. Even better than Amex right now.

Wow this is huge! That's a long time. Unmatchable probably lol.

OP use the "Kudos" button! Smiley Happy

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 5 of 8
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Citi has the longest 0% offer right now IMO.  Discover has an 18 month offer and AMEX has various offers around a year or more.  GL.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 6 of 8
Sharingan
Established Contributor

In my opinion, the best 0% offer currently available is the Citi Double Cash. If you can get the same offer as I did last month from the online preapproval link, it will be 0% for 18 or 21 months (I can't remember which it was). Additionally, you'll receive cash back on the charge. Only caveat is that Citi can be stingy with the starting limits for this card. 

Message 7 of 8
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Discover is also known for giving out additional 15mo zero interest periods.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.