New Visitor
poorboy33

What's the best card to get?

I was thinking about maybe applying for secured card, to build my credit. I think it needs some work.

Thought on what kinda card i should get.

Regular Contributor
Romeoo47

Re: What's the best card to get?

[ Edited ]

The first thing that pops into my head is a secured card from BOA.  That tends to be a popular card here and it unsecures after 9-12 months.  I would also check into a secured card with a CU.

Some other popular ones include:

Wells Fargo

National City

Citibank

US Bank

I'm not sure if these cards unsecure like the BOA.  Keep us informed on your progress.

Message Edited by Romeoo47 on 04-24-2009 08:22 AM
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: What's the best card to get?

poorboy33 wrote:

I was thinking about maybe applying for secured card, to build my credit. I think it needs some work.

Thought on what kinda card i should get.

Hi, welcome to the forums!

What do you have now? What specifically needs work?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+