Did you mean: 

What's the best citi card?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: What's the best citi card?

@Sparkz1920 wrote:
I got a Citi before a Discover...I got denied by Discover on a pre approval

I got the opposite of you. Denied with CITI on a pre approval but got instant approval from Discover Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 27
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

I have 4 Citi cards, and I use all of them lol.

Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard

Citi Forward

Citi Hilton Reserve Visa Signature

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature

I am finding myself using the Hilton Reserve the most lately though.

I will say that Citi has been MUCH better to me than Discover.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 12 of 27
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

I'm still in my feelings off of being denied by them. Lowest inquiries. Higher score at that time. 676 versus my 658 that I appd with Citi with

Like...dude....really....I think it was the 2 baddies on there

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 13 of 27
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

I have the Citi Prestige card. I don't think you can apply for directly anymore.  It has a $500 annual fee but for me its worth it since I get a free international ticket each year (minus taxes and fees still save around 1K).

Message 14 of 27
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I just got the citi TY Preferred. Pretty basic card, and standard intro offers.

I got declined with a 733 FICO, but was approved on recon with significant effort on my end.

Just got a basic Visa Platinum, but I called and they said it has concierge and NPSL.

I would say it is a good card just to get your foot in the door with them.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 15 of 27
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

None of their cards if you ask me...run from CITI! As fast as you can! LOL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 16 of 27
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

I apped for their foward and it took them 2 weeks to give an answer. When i received the email telling me i was approved for it i had completely forgotten i had app for it lol. its the card i used the most cuz i eat out every single cuz i cant cook for $#!t lol
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 17 of 27
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Well I know I can't app for a Citi TY for a longgggggg time

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 18 of 27
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

I stay at Hilton almost 10 times per year so the HHonors Reserve was a highly desired card for me. The bonuses are awesome and I can stay at my favorite hotel at any time simply for the signup bonus.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 19 of 27
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@sureno90 wrote:

I'm thinking about applying for a citi card but not sure which one to apply for.

My blunt, honest opinion?  None.  It's a great card and you don't have to deal with Citi.  Smiley LOL

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.