Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best citi card?

tag
sureno90
Established Member

Re: What's the best citi card?

@hedgeclipper2 wrote:

I have 4 Citi cards, and I use all of them lol.

Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard

Citi Forward

Citi Hilton Reserve Visa Signature

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature

I am finding myself using the Hilton Reserve the most lately though.

I will say that Citi has been MUCH better to me than Discover.

How did you get the Dividend World Elite Mastercard? Did you first have the mastercard then asked to be upgraded? Now its mostly Visa. Maybe I'll apply for that because you get $100 back when you spend $500

Message 21 of 27
charyot77
Regular Contributor

@sureno90 wrote:

How did you get the Dividend World Elite Mastercard? Did you first have the mastercard then asked to be upgraded? Now its mostly Visa. Maybe I'll apply for that because you get $100 back when you spend $500

I just opened a Citi Dividend card and I got $150 cashback for spending $500.  Not sure if that was a targeted deal or an expired offered but I literally just got the $150 deposited into my account last week.

Message 22 of 27
sureno90
Established Member

@charyot77 wrote:

@sureno90 wrote:

I just opened a Citi Dividend card and I got $150 cashback for spending $500.  Not sure if that was a targeted deal or an expired offered but I literally just got the $150 deposited into my account last week.

What? I want that offer!! I use to get so many pre-selected offers then they stopped sending it and a couple days ago I got an offer for the simplicity but I would rather get the Dividend, Forward or the Thank you Preferred

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

A couple weeks ago I got a "pre-selected" offer for Citi Simplicity.

Last week I got same offer for Citi Thankyou -- says 13.99% APR, 0% BT/18 mos, 0% purchases/12 mos.

And I have a nearly identical offer from First National Bank of Omaha, for card with "maximus rewards".

(I also keep getting offers from Discover too, but I hear they have miserable initial CL.)

Does Citi give better CL? Who the heck is 1st Nt'l B of Omaha and are they any good?

From reading these threads, sounds like the ThankYou card is very sought after, and I really like the travel rewards. Will probably app with them. Why is Citi so popular?

Message 24 of 27
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Last week I got same offer for Citi Thankyou -- says 13.99% APR, 0% BT/18 mos, 0% purchases/12 mos.

And I have a nearly identical offer from First National Bank of Omaha, for card with "maximus rewards".

(I also keep getting offers from Discover too, but I hear they have miserable initial CL.)

Does Citi give better CL? Who the heck is 1st Nt'l B of Omaha and are they any good?

From reading these threads, sounds like the ThankYou card is very sought after, and I really like the travel rewards. Will probably app with them. Why is Citi so popular?

@Anonymous wrote:

From what I've read on these forums, CITI doesn't really issue CLIs as freely as another lender would.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 25 of 27
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

I've read that CLI are every 6 months SP on EX

Message 26 of 27
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

I've read that CLI are every 6 months SP on EX

It varies, sometimes HP or none but not always EX. For me, always EQ. Depends on state.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.