cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best sign up bonus card these days ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's the best sign up bonus card these days ?

Ugh .. So I guess I'm late to the party . Thanks a lot anyways . I'll take a look around .
Message 11 of 24
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ugh .. So I guess I'm late to the party . Thanks a lot anyways . I'll take a look around .

You're late for the promos, but some decent ones around.

1.  Southwest 50K

2.  Premier 50K

3.  Venture 40K

4.  Arrival Plus 40K

5.  CSP 40K

6.  Ink Plus 50K

Though, I'd agree that one should begin with bonuses of at least 50K or $500.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems as if bonuses are usually better in the summer. 

Message 13 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I say wait until November/Dec there should be some good ones coming then to get holiday spend.. Most of them aren't really around unless you want the PRG @ 50k mr's through incognito mode, but that should be around for awhile as it has been around for awhile.. I say wait if you want better offerings than now.

Message 14 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

And outside of signing bonuses, there are good spending promotions from Discover for new cardholders:   Discover IT Miles, 3% on everything uncapped for a year, and Discover IT, double cash back for a year, and 10% on Apple PAy for 3 months (for everyone, doubled for new card holders or those who signed up in time)

Message 15 of 24
icyhot
Valued Contributor

CapOne Spark has a $500 bonus for spending $4500. High spend but probably the lowest AF and of course its straight cash, no points. 

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 16 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@icyhot wrote:

CapOne Spark has a $500 bonus for spending $4500. High spend but probably the lowest AF and of course its straight cash, no points. 

Not hidden TL; deal killer for alot

Message 17 of 24
icyhot
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

Well OP said he didn't care what kind and thats a nice bonus

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 18 of 24
red259
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I say wait until November/Dec there should be some good ones coming then to get holiday spend..@ Most of them aren't really around unless you want the PRG @ 50k mr's through incognito mode, but that should be around for awhile as it has been around for awhile.. I say wait if you want better offerings than now.

+1 At this point this seems like one of the best moves. Someone mentioned the 50k on the premier. Its not 60k like it was but the average is 40k so 50 is not a bad number for that. Citi prestige is 50k and I think that is normally 40 as well. Prestige is a great card and you can get a lot of bang out of it if you travel. I'd wait though because the next big offer could be around the corner. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

What is a hidden TL?

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.