What's the big deal with the Ring?

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: What's the big deal with the Ring?

@elim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
A lovable one though. Smiley Wink

So.....who else is joining me for Ringmania?

"Your Barclaycard Ring MasterCard® has been mailed. Be sure to activate your card as soon as possible so you can take advantage of all the great benefits associated with your account."

Congratulations! We both got them this month! 

Anyone else get this strange "Umm...alright...your card should be active already" when you call to activate this card? Because it made me feel pretty dumb when I could have already been using the card without calling.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 81 of 85
alexl22
Regular Contributor

Yes they pulled TU, at least here in PA they did. It is a PA based CU though so I dont know why they would pull anything.

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 82 of 85
Shelly13
New Contributor

I enjoyed reading all this info on this board.  I don't have the scores to apply for the ring and I'm not sure if I will or not..but some of you have me thinking about looking at a CU next year for a low APR.

I'm in college and I only work part time, I usually pay off my cards in full but if I had to carry a balance because of school or for something important, having a low APR card in one's "portfolio" is nice.  If you make tons of money and are finanically well balanced and have no need for a low APR card thats awesome.  To each their own.  I know some people think it's a "cardinal sin" carrying a balance, I think no one should have to.... but again everyone has their own way of handiling credit.

Again I think this was a great topic!

Amex ED: 5,000 I Barclays: 10,000 I Discover: 8,700 I VS: 6,000 I Citi Simplicity: 6,700 I Amex BC: 2,000 I Marvel MC: 8,000 I
I Chase FU: 4,000 I US Bank: 500.00 I Fidelity: 5,000 I
Message 83 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alex, how do they feel about out of staters joining? Also. Did you say that 1.9% BT was a more or less permanent thing? Or just for x amount of time. NFCU seems to offer promo at the beginning of the year.
Message 84 of 85
alexl22
Regular Contributor

I have no idea of their stance on out of staters applying. I know when I got my auto loan and CC I had to go into a branch to sign for them, no option to e-sign. I have seen the 1.9 BT option for about a year and a half, but thats just when I noticed it. Its for 6 months, don't know if its a permanent thing or what but it seems to always be going on.

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 85 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.