cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the chance for getting a Macy's credit card??

Member

What's the chance for getting a Macy's credit card??

i have 1 unpaid judgement 5 years ago.what's the chance for me to apply for a Macy's store credit and Juniper credit card? My TU=695 EQ=690.Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: What's the chance for getting a Macy's credit card??

What is your overall CR like? Numbers of Inquiries?

 

If not too much recent inquiries, the chances of you being approved is more than likely.

 

Good Luck, keep us updated if you decide to apply for it.Smiley Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 2 of 15
Member

Re: What's the chance for getting a Macy's credit card??

i have 15 months credit history, 6 inquiries last year,my util below 10%.I have had a fews credit card with very low limit

Message 3 of 15
Valued Contributor

Re: What's the chance for getting a Macy's credit card??

 


ld81 wrote:

i have 15 months credit history, 6 inquiries last year,my util below 10%.I have had a fews credit card with very low limit


IMO you should be good for the store card.

 

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 15
Established Contributor

Re: What's the chance for getting a Macy's credit card??


vish1 wrote:

 


ld81 wrote:

i have 15 months credit history, 6 inquiries last year,my util below 10%.I have had a fews credit card with very low limit


IMO you should be good for the store card.

 


+1

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 5 of 15
Contributor

Re: What's the chance for getting a Macy's credit card??

i think you may be able to get a macy's card but the limit may be low.  I started off with a 500 dollar limit when I got mine because of some negative things on there.  Then I was late by one day and they dropped my limit down to 200 dollars.  For six months I made on time payments and they increased my limit from 200 to 2000.  So even if you get approved and get a small limit, just work in paying it on time and it will increase over time.  Also, I applied online and got approved.  I've heard some people have better luck in the store because they can contact customer service from within the store but i've had better luck online.

Message 6 of 15
Epic Contributor

Re: What's the chance for getting a Macy's credit card??

Apply in store for Macys what ever you do! You then might get approved for the Macys Amex too

Message 7 of 15
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What's the chance for getting a Macy's credit card??

OP, I think you have a great shot. IIRC they pull EX and when I applied, and when we all had access to our EX FICOs, they pulled a 630-645 or there abouts. I started with $300 and it quickly increased to $3200 within a couple of years. Just know that the CLs don't report and therefore it won't help with utilization per FICO scoring.

Message 8 of 15
Member

Re: What's the chance for getting a Macy's credit card??

thanks for all responses.And what are the chances for approve for Juniper credit card?Thanks

Message 9 of 15
Established Contributor

Re: What's the chance for getting a Macy's credit card??


llecs wrote:

OP, I think you have a great shot. IIRC they pull EX and when I applied, and when we all had access to our EX FICOs, they pulled a 630-645 or there abouts. I started with $300 and it quickly increased to $3200 within a couple of years. Just know that the CLs don't report and therefore it won't help with utilization per FICO scoring.


Why doesn't Macy's report CL's?   Does that negatively impact fico at all?

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 10 of 15