cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the chance for getting a Macy's credit card??

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: What's the chance for getting a Macy's credit card??

@awdsmama wrote:

Why doesn't Macy's report CL's?   Does that negatively impact fico at all?

They are reporting limits again.

Message 11 of 15
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@awdsmama wrote:

@llecs wrote:

OP, I think you have a great shot. IIRC they pull EX and when I applied, and when we all had access to our EX FICOs, they pulled a 630-645 or there abouts. I started with $300 and it quickly increased to $3200 within a couple of years. Just know that the CLs don't report and therefore it won't help with utilization per FICO scoring.

That was then, Macy's now reports CL's.

Message 12 of 15
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Thanks  :-)

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 13 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@awdsmama wrote:

@llecs wrote:

OP, I think you have a great shot. IIRC they pull EX and when I applied, and when we all had access to our EX FICOs, they pulled a 630-645 or there abouts. I started with $300 and it quickly increased to $3200 within a couple of years. Just know that the CLs don't report and therefore it won't help with utilization per FICO scoring.

Old bump!

At one point, Macys stopped reporting CLs. They reversed that a year or so ago. Per FICO, my store card didn't report a CL and therefore FICO ignored the balance and CL for util purposes. My special event account didn't report a CL either but it was factored in TU98 only based on the balance and the high balance (scored like a charge card). This is no longer the case, or at least for the store card. Mine reports a CL now.

Message 14 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

You have a pretty good chance of getting a Macys card. I got a Macy's card in 2011. When I was approved, they weren't reporting CLs. Then after they began reporting them again...I found out my limit was only $100. LOL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.