cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the credit requirement for Amex Gold Premier?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the credit requirement for Amex Gold Premier?

My Experian score from Citi Credit Monitor is around 690. Clean credit history with 2.5 years. Full-time job. Is it possible to get this card? I applied for Amex Starwood last year and got rej. Currently I have a Amex blue sky with poor cl - 500. Total cl is 8000. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What's the credit requirement for Amex Gold Premier?

@Anonymous wrote:

My Experian score from Citi Credit Monitor is around 690. Clean credit history with 2.5 years. Full-time job. Is it possible to get this card? I applied for Amex Starwood last year and got rej. Currently I have a Amex blue sky with poor cl - 500. Total cl is 8000. Thanks.

Hi there.

Just so you know that Experian score is not an Experian FICO score. One give away that this is not an EX FICO comes from Citi's site. It says in the FAQ's: Credit scores typically range from 350 to 850. True FICO scores range from 300-850.  Your actual EX FICO could be higher or lower than what you get from Citi Credit Monitor.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

You can also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com. At www.equifax.com EQ will still sell you an EQ FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it is not FICO score. But since there are no places to provide EX FICO score and Amex is pulling EX report, I thought citi credit monitor score can be an accpetable indicator.

Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I know it is not FICO score. But since there are no places to provide EX FICO score and Amex is pulling EX report, I thought citi credit monitor score can be an accpetable indicator.

As I said your real EX score might be much higher or much lower than what we call the "FAKO" EX score.

You can never compare FAKO score to true FICO scores in any way. If the score you get form Citi is close to what your EX FICO is it's only by coincidence.

And I could be wrong because I don't keep up on Amex like others but I thought Amex used their own internal scoring system to make decisions? I'll let others with more knowledge comment on that.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 5
DI
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As I said your real EX score might be much higher or much lower than what we call the "FAKO" EX score.

You can never compare FAKO score to true FICO scores in any way. If the score you get form Citi is close to what your EX FICO is it's only by coincidence.

And I could be wrong because I don't keep up on Amex like others but I thought Amex used their own internal scoring system to make decisions? I'll let others with more knowledge comment on that.

From a BK years ago to:

That's correct.  AMEX uses its own internal score. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.