Senior Contributor
jsucool76

Re: What's the point of a limit if you can go way over?

careful with the "check spending ability" page. I've heard it could possibly trigger an FR.
Valued Contributor
Epcot

[ Edited ]

nada9188 wrote:
Other thing to keep in mind is that if you are over the limit at statement date for four months in a year you go to default apr.

That is something I did not know.. Interesting. May explain why my Citi AAdvantage card went to 29.99 a couple years ago. Although I don't recall going over the CL that many times.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 809 EX 774 TU 805
App free since 4/11/13
Valued Contributor
Dustink

jsucool76 wrote:
careful with the "check spending ability" page. I've heard it could possibly trigger an FR.

Ooops. I hope they would understand my explanation of playing with the website on a new card...haha

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Frequent Contributor
nada9188

Could be. All I know is that rule is Amex specific. Doesn't mean other issuers don't have the rule as well.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}