Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the right card?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What's the right card?

@Youngcreditbuilder wrote:

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the best card I should apply for with a fico tu 700 fico eq 691 and a fako ex 687. I only have one card 07 cap1 platinum $1000 no inq and no baddies

You have had just this 1 card since 2007 and currently have 0 INQ's on all 3 reports?

You should go on an APP SPREE! Seriously.

Pick 3-10 cards you would like the most and put in order of most important and post here and many can help you choose in which order you should apply... in all seriousness though I would apply for at least 2-3 new accounts and then beyond that is up to you, clearly you have gone many years with 1 card so probably won't find much use for more than 3 accounts but for scoring purposes to buy a house down the road, you need 3.

Message 11 of 43
Youngcreditbuilder
Established Member

Thanks for the advice myjourney I think I'm going to go for the Amex what do you think about Barclays rewards card I've heard a lot about Barclays often giving cli
Message 12 of 43
baller4life
Super Contributor

Looks like you have a clean slate to work with having 0 inquires. Sky's the limit for you.

Message 13 of 43
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Youngcreditbuilder wrote:
Thanks for the advice myjourney I think I'm going to go for the Amex what do you think about Barclays rewards card I've heard a lot about Barclays often giving cli

Barclay is another good choice for you but if you app with them just make sure to not app anything else for 5-6 months 

But a good card to have IMHO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 43
Josh2942
Established Contributor

I think you should try the OCCU Duck card. You will defintely get approved instantly for a high limit

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 15 of 43
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Apply for the BCE...

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 16 of 43
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Your tradeline profile matches a friend of mine.  She had a capital one account for 6 months with $500 CL.  She is in her 30s and never had any credit.  

She was approved for Chase Saphire $5000. 

If I were in your situation I would do things in this order:

1:  App for Chase Sapphire

2:  App for Amex Cards

3:  Immiedlately after Amex approval..app for another one since it will be a SP

4:  App for Discover

5:  App for Barclays

6)  App for BoA

I would do all this in one sitting... maybe 1 hour time frame.  Based on your clean slate I sense you could be losing out on apportunities if you app for only one or two cards.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 17 of 43
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

Your tradeline profile matches a friend of mine.  She had a capital one account for 6 months with $500 CL.  She is in her 30s and never had any credit.  

1:  App for Chase Sapphire (Chase Freedom)

2:  App for Amex Cards (American Express Blue Cash Preferred)

3:  Immiedlately after Amex approval..app for another one since it will be a SP (Costco) unless you travel then either Delta or SPG

4:  App for Discover yes

5:  App for Barclays I could take it or leave it

6)  App for BoA something like Fidelity Amex for 2% on everything would be my top pick... don't be surprised if you need to recon, but they are great about that.

I would do all this in one sitting... maybe 1 hour time frame.  Based on your clean slate I sense you could be losing out on apportunities if you app for only one or two cards.

Message 18 of 43
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

1:  App for Chase Sapphire - the CSP (for dining & travel rewards, no FTF if traveling abroad) and/or the Freedom (for 5% CB rotating categories and/or good combo w/CSP, too)

2:  App for Amex Cards - @Anonymous PRG (if you want a charge card, for travel rewards) or BCE/BCP (3/2/1 or 6/3/1 CB, depending on your grocery spend) or True Earnings (if you shop @ Costco) or SPG (for travel rewards)

3:  Immiedlately after Amex approval..app for another one since it will be a SP - any of the above

4:  App for Discover - IT (for 5% rotating categories, no FTF card when traveling abroad)

5:  App for Barclays - the Rewards (for 2% CB gas/groceries/utilities), Sallie Mae (for 5% CB groceries/gas/books (Amazon) w/monthly caps), Arrival (essentially 2.2% CB for travel expenses, no FTF if traveling abroad)

6)  App for BoA - the Fidelity AmEx is a great suggestion (2% rewards on anything)

+1 - definitely try for 2 to 3 more cards vs. just 1 more.  I've listed some other suggestions above.

Also, you may want to call Cap1 about a PC to the Quicksilver (1.5% CB), especially if your current Cap1 doesn't offer any rewards right now. 

Good luck & keep us updated!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 19 of 43
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

1:  App for Chase Sapphire (Chase Freedom)

2:  App for Amex Cards (American Express Blue Cash Preferred)  YES and BLUE CASH original

3:  Immiedlately after Amex approval..app for another one since it will be a SP (Costco) unless you travel then either Delta or SPG

4:  App for Discover yes

5:  App for Barclays I could take it or leave it.  

6)  App for BoA something like Fidelity Amex for 2% on everything would be my top pick... don't be surprised if you need to recon, but they are great about that.  They sent me a denial letter and then a week later sent my card with $6000 CL.  Strange people.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.