Reply
Established Contributor
CreditCrusader
Posts: 799
Registered: ‎09-27-2011
0

What's the scoop on Discover?

[ Edited ]

I was just notified that EQ and TU have removed two erroneous derogatory from my reports. I haven't received any new score updates, but I have to think my scores would go up a bit and my overall report would look much better (only one baddie remaining...a PIF collection with $0 bal since 2005...and a BK7 from 2009).

 

My sig line scores are current as of today. I have an AAoA of nearly 8 years...no late pays...with 27% util. I do have several inquiries, but far fewer now that the superfluous inquiries from my auto dealer have been removed (6 total).

 

What are my chances of getting the Discover More card right now? I'm dying for a rewards card, but Cap1 refuses to upgrade me and I'm not sure who else rewards for heavy usage. I'd love to know your feedback :smileyhappy:

 

I should point out that while I have received Discover's invitations to app via mail, when I go to the pre-approval website, I get:

 

We were unable to find any pre-approved offers for you based on the information provided

 

after which they recommend the Discover More card...hence my concern as to whether my credit profile would be sufficient for approval.

 

Edited to include requisite blame...directed to mstew...for pulling me out of the garden with his exciting AMEX Zync approval! :smileyvery-happy:

 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-Zync-Should-I-Apply/td-p/1070944/page/4

 

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
AlmostHome78
Posts: 139
Registered: ‎04-21-2011
0

Re: What's the scoop on Discover?

I also got the "unable to find any pre-approved offers" message, but bit the bullet anyway.  I was approved for $1,500. :smileyhappy: 

 

Good luck!


Starting Score: EQ 678 (8/10/11) -- TU 678 (8/10/11) -- EX Fako 639 (9/7/11)
Current Score: EQ 685 -- TU 686 -- EX 702 (lender pull)
Goal Score: At least 720 across the board by June 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
CreditCrusader
Posts: 799
Registered: ‎09-27-2011
0

Re: What's the scoop on Discover?

[ Edited ]

AlmostHome78 wrote:

I also got the "unable to find any pre-approved offers" message, but bit the bullet anyway.  I was approved for $1,500. :smileyhappy: 

 

Good luck!


Thank you for responding! Mind sharing your scores at the time of approval - and were you approved right away or after calling in?

 

Also, how is Discover with approvals when you have a BK on your record (but not including balances with them)? Mine is 2 years old.

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
CreditCrusader
Posts: 799
Registered: ‎09-27-2011
0

Re: What's the scoop on Discover?

Is Satan running the Discover promotions department?

 

I just got a phone call...Discover on the line...said they enjoyed chatting with me earlier today (I did live chat to get some clarity regarding their Motiva and More cards) and wondered if I was going to apply...HUH?

 

I did put my first and last name in the chat box, but not a phone number. I am trying to hold off applying because I'm knee-deep in the garden after getting Barclay, but these people are tempting me like crazy!!!!

 

(Smug, mstew...talk me off the ledge here! :smileytongue:)

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
john398
Posts: 3,522
Registered: ‎01-19-2009
0

Re: What's the scoop on Discover?


CreditCrusader wrote:

Is Satan running the Discover promotions department?

 

I just got a phone call...Discover on the line...said they enjoyed chatting with me earlier today (I did live chat to get some clarity regarding their Motiva and More cards) and wondered if I was going to apply...HUH?

 

I did put my first and last name in the chat box, but not a phone number. I am trying to hold off applying because I'm knee-deep in the garden after getting Barclay, but these people are tempting me like crazy!!!!

 

(Smug, mstew...talk me off the ledge here! :smileytongue:)


if you check for pre approved offers its possible that matched your name up

Established Contributor
CreditCrusader
Posts: 799
Registered: ‎09-27-2011
0

Re: What's the scoop on Discover?


john398 wrote:

CreditCrusader wrote:

Is Satan running the Discover promotions department?

 

I just got a phone call...Discover on the line...said they enjoyed chatting with me earlier today (I did live chat to get some clarity regarding their Motiva and More cards) and wondered if I was going to apply...HUH?

 

I did put my first and last name in the chat box, but not a phone number. I am trying to hold off applying because I'm knee-deep in the garden after getting Barclay, but these people are tempting me like crazy!!!!

 

(Smug, mstew...talk me off the ledge here! :smileytongue:)


if you check for pre approved offers its possible that matched your name up


Just tried that...nothing in the pre-approved bucket...

 

I think I am setting myself up for disaster to apply at this point. Once my CLs go up and util is paid to 1-9%, I'll be close to that 700 mark and have confidence to apply!

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}