Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the scoop on Discover?

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

What's the scoop on Discover?

I was just notified that EQ and TU have removed two erroneous derogatory from my reports. I haven't received any new score updates, but I have to think my scores would go up a bit and my overall report would look much better (only one baddie remaining...a PIF collection with $0 bal since 2005...and a BK7 from 2009).

My sig line scores are current as of today. I have an AAoA of nearly 8 years...no late pays...with 27% util. I do have several inquiries, but far fewer now that the superfluous inquiries from my auto dealer have been removed (6 total).

What are my chances of getting the Discover More card right now? I'm dying for a rewards card, but Cap1 refuses to upgrade me and I'm not sure who else rewards for heavy usage. I'd love to know your feedback Smiley Happy

I should point out that while I have received Discover's invitations to app via mail, when I go to the pre-approval website, I get:

We were unable to find any pre-approved offers for you based on the information provided

after which they recommend the Discover More card...hence my concern as to whether my credit profile would be sufficient for approval.

Edited to include requisite blame...directed to mstew...for pulling me out of the garden with his exciting AMEX Zync approval! Smiley Very Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-Zync-Should-I-Apply/td-p/1070944/page/4

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's the scoop on Discover?

I also got the "unable to find any pre-approved offers" message, but bit the bullet anyway.  I was approved for $1,500. Smiley Happy 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I also got the "unable to find any pre-approved offers" message, but bit the bullet anyway.  I was approved for $1,500. Smiley Happy 

Good luck!

Thank you for responding! Mind sharing your scores at the time of approval - and were you approved right away or after calling in?

Also, how is Discover with approvals when you have a BK on your record (but not including balances with them)? Mine is 2 years old.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Is Satan running the Discover promotions department?

I just got a phone call...Discover on the line...said they enjoyed chatting with me earlier today (I did live chat to get some clarity regarding their Motiva and More cards) and wondered if I was going to apply...HUH?

I did put my first and last name in the chat box, but not a phone number. I am trying to hold off applying because I'm knee-deep in the garden after getting Barclay, but these people are tempting me like crazy!!!!

(Smug, mstew...talk me off the ledge here! Smiley Tongue)

Message 4 of 6
john398
Senior Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

I just got a phone call...Discover on the line...said they enjoyed chatting with me earlier today (I did live chat to get some clarity regarding their Motiva and More cards) and wondered if I was going to apply...HUH?

I did put my first and last name in the chat box, but not a phone number. I am trying to hold off applying because I'm knee-deep in the garden after getting Barclay, but these people are tempting me like crazy!!!!

if you check for pre approved offers its possible that matched your name up

Message 5 of 6
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

if you check for pre approved offers its possible that matched your name up

Just tried that...nothing in the pre-approved bucket...

I think I am setting myself up for disaster to apply at this point. Once my CLs go up and util is paid to 1-9%, I'll be close to that 700 mark and have confidence to apply!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.