Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the skinny with Chase cards?

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: What's the skinny with Chase cards?

SmartCookie wrote:

Really I don't think they're bad.  To be it depends on the card... UAL miles they won't move on the 22ish APR,

My Chase/United airmiles card is 17.49% APR
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 31 of 56
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

MidnightVoice wrote:

SmartCookie wrote:

Really I don't think they're bad.  To be it depends on the card... UAL miles they won't move on the 22ish APR,

It's that Voice. You're using the Voice again.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 32 of 56
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

MidnightVoice wrote:

SmartCookie wrote:

"These go up to 11!" (Spinal Tap)  Erf I guess it's time for my annual call to them.  Thanks for my ammo! 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 33 of 56
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

SmartCookie wrote:

It's that Voice. You're using the Voice again.

Smiley Very Happy   I would love to take credit for it (pun intended), but that is the standard rate on their website.  I tried to get it reduced, but all I got was a massive CLI and a few lousy extra free miles.  Smiley Sad
Message 34 of 56
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

SmartCookie wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

SmartCookie wrote:

"These go up to 11!" (Spinal Tap)  Erf I guess it's time for my annual call to them.  Thanks for my ammo! 

This is my card:  Check out:

"Pricing and Terms" is in the bottom left hand corner

Message 35 of 56
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Thanks MV.  I think I got hit with UD a while back and they never re-adjusted.  I never carry a balance so I liked the miles they gave me instead... but the high APR also gives me less favorable BT offers on that card.  Putting this on my to-do list, and practicing my English accent for when I call them.  Smiley Wink

I do love that card though... I know you do too!
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 36 of 56
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

SmartCookie wrote:

I do love that card though... I know you do too!

It serves its purpose and is piffed every month.

And it gave me a free flight for daughter to come home for Christmas  Smiley Very Happy
Message 37 of 56
dizzier
Established Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@SmartCookie wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

Really I don't think they're bad. To be it depends on the card... UAL miles they won't move on the 22ish APR,

"These go up to 11!" (Spinal Tap) Erf I guess it's time for my annual call to them. Thanks for my ammo!

This is my card: Check out:
"Pricing and Terms" is in the bottom left hand corner

good god! you've got fees up the wazoo!

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 38 of 56
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

MidnightVoice wrote:

It serves its purpose and is piffed every month.

And it gave me a free flight for daughter to come home for Christmas  Smiley Very Happy

Now that's a good card!  Smiley Happy
Message 39 of 56
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

dizzier wrote:

good god! you've got fees up the wazoo!

$60 per tear AF.  Which I don't mind - as a wise woman once said, "Ask not what you can do for your cards, but what your cards can do for you". It suits me to have it, get miles and allow my daughter to use it when she needs it.  And it is ageing nicely and has a decent CL (8.5K)
Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.