cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's this Shopping Cart Trick I here of?

tag
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: What's this Shopping Cart Trick I here of?

@core wrote:

I got $7k on my Sportsman's Guide with the SCT when my scores were in the dump.  That's a Visa.  So they aren't all useless.  And I'm certain I wouldn't be where I am today without Victoria's Secret way back in the beginning.  Of course that was before I knew about certain secured cards without insane fees that do soft pulls... not that I would have been accepted for them though.

+1. Well said. Ironically, I used the SCT also, and received a 7k starting limit with a soft pull last fall. My scored were fine, but had a thin file with low limits. Sp Guide allowed me to get high Cl's with top tier cards, afterwords.

Message 11 of 12
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: What's this Shopping Cart Trick I here of?

@Anonymous wrote:

Some are approved using the "Shopping Cart Trick"

Care to enlighten me? And is this gaming the system?

First thing to do for the SCT, is go to the Sportsmans site and put a membership in your cart, and then check out as a guest. Once you put in your address and zip, it should give you a pop up for the visa. Your address must match your credit reports though, for it to work. Good luck

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.