Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with Discover!??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's up with Discover!??

What is up with such easy CLI increases lately??  I now just got a third 1k increase in like a period of less than 2 months lol

i'm not complaining but it seems too good to be true, just less than a week ago i tried and was denied and now approved for another cli of 1k.

this card is growing faster than i could have ever imagined and credit analyst told me that they are "conservative", started with 3k and now its at $9,600 Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: What's up with Discover!??

@Anonymous wrote:

What is up with such easy CLI increases lately??  I now just got a third 1k increase in like a period of less than 2 months lol

i'm not complaining but it seems too good to be true, just less than a week ago i tried and was denied and now approved for another cli of 1k.

this card is growing faster than i could have ever imagined and credit analyst told me that they are "conservative", started with 3k and now its at $9,600 Smiley Happy

I can only assume that they've seen what CapOne and other lenders have been doing and trying to compete with them with this. I really hope they keep it up. I'd like to see some more action on my own Discover card.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 61
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 3 of 61
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Old Discover CLI guy/gal was shot in the back of the head in the desert. New Discover CLI guy/gal is attempting to break Discover's internal LUV button.

ALL ABOARD THE GRAVY TRAIN!

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 4 of 61
northface28
Established Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Old Discover CLI guy/gal was shot in the back of the head in the desert. New Discover CLI guy/gal is attempting to break Discover's internal LUV button.

ALL ABOARD THE GRAVY TRAIN!

Gravy train with biscuit wheels, onward!!!!

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 5 of 61
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

I requested a CLI a few weeks ago and Discover upped me from 5k to 6k. After reading your post I figured what the hell and pulled up a live chat to ask for a CLI. Discover just bumped me up again to 7.5k. But I hate uneven limits so I asked her to knock it down to 7 instead. So, thanks! You got me a CLI.

Message 6 of 61
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

I cannot get in on these discover cli everyone is talking about lately. Had my card 18 months and was given a 250 auto increase at ~8 months. I used the card heavily for a few months and pif still no go. Card was sd for 3 months until I decided to take advantage of a balance transfer offer last month. I chatted with them the other day to see if I had any apr offers and they gave me another 12 months of 0% so they can't hate me too much I guess. I just don't want to take a hp for one.

Congrats on your cli's!
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 7 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hizzaah, have you tried the luv button while logged into your account? These things don't work so well via live chat or phone calls. Next time try requesting the CLI from logging into account and do it there. Time yourself 17 days from last time you had it raised. It's been working for many here. BTW, it's a SP, so no harm to your score.

Message 8 of 61
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I've tried every ~20 days while logged into my account. I decided to try via chat since I was already asking them about apr offers on my account. I just got approved for the Quicksilver card @$5,000 (highest limit) so maybe that will spur them into upping my limit in the future. I just checked my email and my last limit increase with them was July 2014 Smiley Frustrated

QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 9 of 61
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

The Discover CLI fiasco is fun to watch on these forums and over at the sister board, CreditBoards. It's been helping a lot of people out score wise due to utilization. I believe in the saying that higher limits beget higher limits. Also if you always pay on time; whether you carry balances on 0% apr or even pay interest on balances, it looks good to creditors! They're going to be more loyal to those that put a lot of spending through their cards and those that always pay on time showing little risk to extend them credit.

I think I'm up to about x3 my income now and there's no signs of any creditors slowing down on credit limit increases. If you show that you're a responsible borrower; you'll be rewarded with higher limits. Carrying balances won't ever be a problem if you have good payment history built up. Discover gave me a CLI when I had 82% balance. How crazy is that? I am pretty sure it's because of 1.5 total years of on time payments though. I've only had the Discover card since August of 2014.

Repay your debts on time. That's the secret. Nothing else matters unless you're trying to game FICO to maximize your score at a point in time.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 10 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.