Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with Discover!??

tag
neverrain
New Contributor

Re: What's up with Discover!??

I just used it again (did early in April).

Discover_Card__Credit_Line_Increase_Confirm_Amount.jpg

Message 11 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hizzaah wrote:
I cannot get in on these discover cli everyone is talking about lately. Had my card 18 months and was given a 250 auto increase at ~8 months. I used the card heavily for a few months and pif still no go. Card was sd for 3 months until I decided to take advantage of a balance transfer offer last month. I chatted with them the other day to see if I had any apr offers and they gave me another 12 months of 0% so they can't hate me too much I guess. I just don't want to take a hp for one.

Congrats on your cli's!

I'm in the same boat, they won't budge on my $750 limit, meanwhile, Amex recently bumped me up to $6k! But if I can get in on this double cashback rewards that would help ease the pain a bit Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 61
yfan
Valued Contributor

I haven't been lucky with the CLI stuff (account open less than a year, and been at $8500 from the start), but I'm still pretty amazed by the double cashback promo. Even aside from the bonus categories, once this kicks in, Discover will be my default non-category card with Citi Double Cash as backup if a place doesn't take Discover.

Message 13 of 61
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

They probaly bought some serious insurance policy so they throw money at everyone.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 14 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pushed the LUV button and increased a thousand! I have a 20,000 venture limit that should report this month. After it reports I'm going to give it another shot!
Message 15 of 61
RandomSpirit
Regular Contributor

I can not get a CL  either. with Discover. Im stuck a $1000.  I tried love button 2 times now and  all i get is a page that  say's  something like "may have to check my credit report" so, then I just abort it because i don't want a hard pull.  Discover and Tagert (200) are my lowest limits...womp womp Smiley Sad

UPDATE: Tried today (6/14/15) and got a 1K cli. woo-hoo! 3rd times a charm!

Message 16 of 61
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is up with such easy CLI increases lately??  I now just got a third 1k increase in like a period of less than 2 months lol

i'm not complaining but it seems too good to be true, just less than a week ago i tried and was denied and now approved for another cli of 1k.

this card is growing faster than i could have ever imagined and credit analyst told me that they are "conservative", started with 3k and now its at $9,600 Smiley Happy

I like it, but it does kind of give me pause at the same time. It's just like with Capital One basically giving out huge limits on the Venture. The money is coming from somewhere. Sooner or later some big wig at Discover will realize "oh my, these limits are way too high too soon" and hopefully, none of us are impacted but...there's no free lunch so it does make me worry a bit.

Message 17 of 61
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@RandomSpirit wrote:

I can not get a CL  either. with Discover. Im stuck a $1000.

Discover may have eased up on their CLI requirements but that doesn't mean that they eliminated them entirely.

Message 18 of 61
baller4life
Super Contributor

You can best believe that there are restrictions in place which is why many are getting denials or "need hp" message. Over $20k requires employment verification call. Over $25k requires employment docs. Discover is a billion dollar company and are far from stupid. They haven't just turned on the money spicket for an infinite amount of time. Just because they have loosened the purse strings doesn't mean they have gone bananas.
Message 19 of 61
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
You can best believe that there are restrictions in place which is why many are getting denials or "need hp" message. Over $20k requires employment verification call. Over $25k requires employment docs. Discover is a billion dollar company and are far from stupid. They haven't just turned on the money spicket for an infinite amount of time. Just because they have loosened the purse strings doesn't mean they have gone bananas.

Exactly. Although they have gotten a bit more lax they certainly haven't abandoned all underwriting like some suggest. And I am sure it will be cyclical. It will end sooner or later.

Message 20 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.