Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with Hooters (Merrick Bank)?

tag
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

What's up with Hooters (Merrick Bank)?

Just wondering...I've received automatic or manual CLI's on all of my accounts except Hooters. Does anyone have insider info?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's up with Hooters (Merrick Bank)?

I normally get a auto CLI ever 4 to 6 Months.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with 750 cl and got it to 3000 witha 30% interest rate.  All auto clis.  Then never got another cli for 5 years.  They just notified me I was going to be charged an annual fee of 48.00.  I just closed them out.

Don't know what's going on except they were much happier when I used them heavily.

Message 3 of 4
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

Haven't had this happen to me but I did pay my balance off like I do every month but this time the balance was larger than usual ($490). I typically only charge about $50 or so each month to show some utilization. This month, I paid off the 'high' balance of $490 and Merrick Bank did not update my online account information for 7 days. I called Customer Service and the woman said that 'you had a high balance and you've never had it that high before..... and if you can prove that the money has been debited from your checking account, we'll go ahead and update your account balance to $0.00.....WTF? I almost couldn't contain my laughter at her asinine response to a very simple question. I was merely asking why it normally takes about 24 hours for my online account information to update and why it's taken 7 days this time....Oh well, I'm keeping this card in my sock drawer for a few months anyway so I'll not worry about 'high' balances for a while....sheesh.....
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.